Stupid people anyway! HELP!

I agree with everyone who think an acquaintance of you or other family member is the thief. When our house was robbed, it was "friends" of our oldest son, who had been to the house and knew what we had. I hope you get your birds back, and the scum who robbed you get sent to jail.

If it helps any, most of the people I know scribe the last 4 digits of SSN in them. Like I said, BMW has that tool program in place, I don't know how many other car mfgs have an agreement with Snap on. Check into it. Also, when A BMW tech gets credit for training, they use SSN to identify they completed the training. Ford also tracks employees by SSN. These are the mfgs I am familiar with, But being in the car biz for 33 years, I know a FEW people. Any questions, I will be happy to help you out. Roberta

Citron_d'uccle :

I am really not sure as to what to value the birds. I know I paid $175 for a trio of Citron d'Uccles last time, but that was over a year ago. I am praying they will be found, can't imagine that there are many SQ Citron d'Uccles around.

No, there aren't any near to me that I know of. When I saw what they stole, it felt like a punch to the gut. I can't imagine what kind of anger that must have inspired in you! I hope you find 'em.​

Hi,

How awful, now it's human predators we have to be on guard against, geesh!

I too would watch Craigslist, newspapers checking the livestock/poultry ads. Anywhere where they may try to sell them.

It may not be feasible but I would consider putting a want ad in a newspaper or other place that might grab their attention.
Make it worded to where it doesn't look like your exact chickens maybe word it something like, Wanted rare breed chickens. Use a different telephone number or town. Keep it secret you placed it since it is obviously someone who knows you.
Let the cops know you what you are doing.

A friend of mine had her dog stolen and put a reward ad in the paper. One of the thevies in the gang decided to claim the reward and she got her dog back and ended up catching the other two dog nappers.

Good luck in catching these creeps. I know how bad you must feel at the loss of your birds.
I'd be furious.
somad.gif

what's kickin´chicken :

hugs.gif
so sorry... I would be soooooo mad
somad.gif
good luck I hope you find your birds ....... I HATE THIEVES !!!!!
rant.gif

Ditto!​

You are in East Texas, also keep an eye out for auctions, swap meets and even check out schools for FFA. I'm thinking that someone may have sold some to kids for fast money for FFA programs, or quick sales at the auctions/swap meets. Also check in the newspaper/pennysavers, etc. If you have a suspiction, PLEASE take the info to the police/sheriff and don't get yourself in trouble. Another thing, you might want to check a hundred mile radius to see if any other place has gone through the same thing. But it sounds suspicious that they knew when to come by. Your chickens would have kicked up a fuss.

Since when did common thieves carry Snap On tools? Stolen maybe?
My bolt/fence cutters came from Wal-Mart. sheesh, seems I'm in the wrong profession.

Takes forethought to bring bolt cutters. It wasn't just some kids passing through with sticky fingers

Oh my, I hope you find the culprits and get your birds back!! It sounds like a pretty well planned operation, I doubt they went quietly! Have there been any strange vehicles, I would guess it would have to be decent size to get all those chickens in!! Definitely check Craig's list!! Some people, I just can't even believe they would steal chickens, especially when they knew you were gone. I would have thought they would have taken more than that!! Cattle rustleing was a hanging offense, and so was horse stealing, what about chicken-napping?

What jerks! This is horrible. I would also contact the humane society and any animal shelters/rescues and alert them about the stolen chickens. In the event, that someone from the city took them..and later some get dumped because they couldn't sell.
sad.png

I hope you can catch this person.

Back
Top Bottom