Stupid water

Saltiena

Songster
12 Years
Mar 30, 2007
Peach Bottom
This is probaly REALLY stupid because i know alot about chickens, but for day old chicks (and up) do i have to put anything in the water, echinachia or sugar or SOMTHING ELSE. i know its still 42 days 'till i get my babys but what do i put in it, and how much?
idunno.gif

Yeah I bought a medium size reptile tank,a heat lamp,a thermometer on 98.7 F to 101.0 F and a hydrometer that is on 60 with a bowl of water and 5 muscovy duck eggs.A brown shirt under the eggs,.turn the eggs every 3 hours but at night I turn them at 11:00 PM and then I turn them at 6:30 AM and at 7:10 then I go to school turn themat 3:00 PM and so forth every 2 hours until 11:00 again.I have a thin black shirt over the top to keep in humidity.I havent seen any progress and its been 2 days.Should I be worried?

It is recommended to put poultry vitamins & electrolytes in the water for the first week. It helps the chicks with shipping stress as well as giving them a general boost in vitamins.

You can get a 4 oz bag of V&E at the feed store or Tractor Supply. Use 1/2 tsp per gallon of water.

Back
Top Bottom