Styrofoam Incubators Club

What kind of Styrofoam Incubator do you have?

• Hovabator

Votes: 46 33.8%
  • Little Giant--manual controls

Votes: 15 11.0%
  • Little Giant--digital controls

Votes: 42 30.9%
  • Farm innovators

Votes: 33 24.3%

• Total voters
Pics
You shouldn't be using vent plugs to control humidity.... If humidity gets below 65%, add a damp rag or a dish of water with papertowels in it to prevent drowning. Ventilation is very important..... Most experienced hatchers will tell you to throw them (the vent plugs) away.

Good luck!
-Banti

Im not per say. I put them in the first 7 days then only used one. When the chicks hatch to dry them you take both out to help them dry. Which to me screams moisture loss and dry air entering. I will most definatly remove them both after the first zip\hatch. Yall give the best advice!

Last edited:
So got a question about lock down. The sensor which controls the thetmostat sits on top of the eggs. Where do you place it during lock down? The chicks will knock it off after hatch causing over heating. Will check back later for answers. I am sure there is an obvious answer in the instructions but we followed the instructions on BYC to toss out the instructions which come with the LG 9300. LOL

lol I never sleep if they hatch at night. I lay in bed and every 5 minutes I check on them. If I fall asleep at like 10 it will be 10:10 when I wake up and I'm thinking "oh no! I slept for 10 MINUTES that's way to long,what if they already hatched!! DANGIT why did I fall asleep :lol: "
I really hope we dont miss it. My 3 year old son has been right by my sidebthe whole time! We are anxious!

I got one of those Little Giant ones and also bought one of those egg turners. I put 34 Black, Blue, and Splash Australorp eggs that I bought from Kurt (RattlesnakeRidgeWV) into it last night. I will let you know how it turns out when they hatch.

Back
Top Bottom