Styrofoam Incubators Club

What kind of Styrofoam Incubator do you have?

• Hovabator

Votes: 46 33.8%
  • Little Giant--manual controls

Votes: 15 11.0%
  • Little Giant--digital controls

Votes: 42 30.9%
  • Farm innovators

Votes: 33 24.3%

• Total voters
Pics
I have a question, I have an farm innovator 2100, never actually used it yet, but this year I was going to give it a go.

I had it stabilized in temperature as a still air very quickly. I decided after doing some reading to add the fan and an egg Turner. It initially heated up hotter, to 106, I have been tweaking it every few hours to try find the right setting.

Now I'm realizing all 4 thermometers are reading a different temperature, which they didn't as a still air. Is it normal for the temperatures to be different around the incubator? And what position is best for initially setting it, middle? And what height should I be measuring? The middle of the eggs height? Or on the top of the eggs like the instructions read?

I put some ceramic eggs in it to simulate height, but maybe they are messing things up? I have to the end of the month to figure it out before my eggs arrive. I would try it on some of my own eggs but I don't want to be brooding different ages, but am considering it.

I have a question, I have an farm innovator 2100, never actually used it yet, but this year I was going to give it a go.

I had it stabilized in temperature as a still air very quickly. I decided after doing some reading to add the fan and an egg Turner. It initially heated up hotter, to 106, I have been tweaking it every few hours to try find the right setting.

Now I'm realizing all 4 thermometers are reading a different temperature, which they didn't as a still air. Is it normal for the temperatures to be different around the incubator? And what position is best for initially setting it, middle? And what height should I be measuring? The middle of the eggs height? Or on the top of the eggs like the instructions read?

I put some ceramic eggs in it to simulate height, but maybe they are messing things up? I have to the end of the month to figure it out before my eggs arrive. I would try it on some of my own eggs but I don't want to be brooding different ages, but am considering it.

The fan should actually help eliminate hot spots, if you are not using a fake egg to measure temp, the thermometer should be middle egg height for forced air...

If you put all the thermometers next to each other do they read the same? There might be some latency delay differences between your thermometers that are giving false readings as that the element cycles on/off..

If there is truly hot and cold spots try making an extension ring like I posted previously in this thread, it helps a lot with equalizing the temps, especially now that you added a turner putting the eggs closer to the heating element...

Last edited:
So update on my chicks to be, HOPEFULLY! Out of 15 eggs 4 are not fertile so i tossed em', 7 are good and 4 are I'm not sure's. Since it is my first time ever putting light to an egg I figure I will wait until signs of death are more prominent. Don't want to go tossing away good eggs!

I have a question about my incubator. I have a little giant still air incubator and the humidity is staying at 53% and won't change. It was like that when we set it up and put water in it but it was to high so we dumped the water out and it's still at 53%. It needs to be at 20-30% for my call ducks. Any ideas or tips?

I have a question about my incubator. I have a little giant still air incubator and the humidity is staying at 53% and won't change. It was like that when we set it up and put water in it but it was to high so we dumped the water out and it's still at 53%. It needs to be at 20-30% for my call ducks. Any ideas or tips?

Don't trust the hydro reading on the display.

Remove all water and run a dry incubation.

Mine stayed at 55 running dry and after I added water to hatch. I had condensation on the panels. So I knew it was more humid than what it was reading.

So update on my chicks to be, HOPEFULLY! Out of 15 eggs 4 are not fertile so i tossed em', 7 are good and 4 are I'm not sure's. Since it is my first time ever putting light to an egg I figure I will wait until signs of death are more prominent. Don't want to go tossing away good eggs!
I agree. I do not throw out any eggs until at least day 10 when I'm 100% sure they're not developing/dead. Please keep us updated with your progress! :)

Back
Top Bottom