Styrofoam Incubators Club

What kind of Styrofoam Incubator do you have?

• Hovabator

Votes: 46 33.8%
  • Little Giant--manual controls

Votes: 15 11.0%
  • Little Giant--digital controls

Votes: 42 30.9%
  • Farm innovators

Votes: 33 24.3%

• Total voters
Pics
First candling of the year, day 5, usually I wait till 7 but I wanted to know I had something fertile in there! And I do!! At least one has good veining already and a lot of the others look right for day five, I think it's 33 in there? And I separated them by rooster because I'm
A dork and my English orp is nice and fertile and doing his job. Such a nice bird, I'm
Considering giving him to someone but I keep changing my mind ... Not sure what to do with him though cause he's huge and the only bird of his breed and he will totally throw lots of black chicks I think... Maybe.., but he's fertile!! Yay!! And that's great cause chicks!!! I'm not wasting my time with the eggs basically. I should know if the rock eggs are fertile in a couple days, I will check in 2-3 days and see how many overall are doing something, my husband collected and we had lots sitting over a week and not all on point though they were being rotated probably a minimum amount so I imagine there will be a number if duds but I only put in the best looking ones from that clutch and then new ones done to my perfectionist standards ;) my goal is a few chicks and hopefully pullets cause how cool would that be ;) anyway so far so good accept I'm having trouble keeping humidity up though it might not be a perfect testing system everything I put in drys out like it's nothing, I'm basically soaking paper towels 2x a day at the moment because I feel like it doesn't hurt to hatch a little dryer but I don't want to drown them if the gauge is off... And the thing in the front of the farm innovators doesn't seem to work anymore not that I was going by that but it's like 10• & a bunch of percent off based on things I trust... A little more... Though my husband did turn on the incubators with the gauges inside... The digital ones, they got fairly melted so good things I bought new ones... Again... Every year... Cannot catch a break I might as well Invest in stock!
did you close off any airholes on top of the incubator? That gives you higher humidity.

did you close off any airholes on top of the incubator? That gives you higher humidity.
Thank you!!! See I knew I was forgetting something, man you're possibly literally a lifesaver. This one has plugs that go in there too I just don't know what the cat did with them. Thanks so much though literally knew I was forgetting something but couldn't put my finger on it. I will adjust in a few and hopefully that'll just be the thing!

Thank you!!! See I knew I was forgetting something, man you're possibly literally a lifesaver. This one has plugs that go in there too I just don't know what the cat did with them. Thanks so much though literally knew I was forgetting something but couldn't put my finger on it. I will adjust in a few and hopefully that'll just be the thing!

Best of luck to you. If need be, you can put anything over the holes but check in a couple of hours because your humidity will climb fast.

I have a farm innovators and a hova bator, I like the FI better because it seems to behave and be a little more touchy which makes it easier to adjust for me personally. Honestly if I could afford a huge digital one I would get it and just let it do everything for me but it depends on what your price range and level of assistance you're offering the eggs. The turners are good. I like both of ours but would trade in the hova for another farm if I had it to do over again (was on sale so I thought I would try it) they'll hold what you want and then some, about 4 dozen... Get a brisnea though if you've got the money and only want to hatch a couple dozen I think... But as long as you want a styrobator and it's not too tempting to put an egg in every spot on the turning tray you'll be good I think with a farm innovators, I've had a lot of success
smile.png

Styrofoam 1588 genesis holds 41 eggs in turner.

Brinsea 20 eco or adv. Harder plastic. Holds 20 eggs.

These are the ones I get my best hatches with.

My lg are very tempremantal.

Thank you for peeping in
1f424.png
Very helpful and now to research the HovaBator, Farm Innovators, Styrofoam 1588 Genesis and the Brinsea. Have been reading several threads, they all appear to be what others are happy with but many growing into the cabinet style which is really more than can handle :) Appreciate you narrowing it down for me....All you on BYC are so very helpful to us Newbies!

Quote:
I had the same problem with the Little Giant I bought the first week in March. Called the company and they replaced it. The new one has not had a drastic spike but reads hotter than what the temperature really is by 5 degrees.

Back
Top Bottom