Styrofoam Incubators Club

What kind of Styrofoam Incubator do you have?

• Hovabator

Votes: 46 33.8%
  • Little Giant--manual controls

Votes: 15 11.0%
  • Little Giant--digital controls

Votes: 42 30.9%
  • Farm innovators

Votes: 33 24.3%

• Total voters
Pics
Omg omg on the bright side one of my oegb made it........yayayayayay he looks to be working on internal pip now well doesn't look like I'm going to bed anytime soon lol to excited first one since I was a kid....lol

Candling explanation in words alone is a poop shot, much easier in person or with pictures... Sometimes the embryo will appear to be on one side only, rotate the egg while candling and watch it for a while and see if you can see jerking type movements, don't confuse jerking movement with flowing movements that could be a bacteria blob... You want to see baby kicking type movement...

Also don't be to hasty, put it back and candle again later, sometimes they can even fool an experienced candler that things one has quite only to have it hatch...

Thank you. Guess I will just wait it out and hope for the best. I candled my eggs again this morning and YES, I saw baby chick movement. Some may have survived despite my novice attempt at hatching. It is now day 20.

Last edited:
I woke up this morning and one egg has a beam poking thru. I noticed it shortly before 5 this morning and so far no movement and no sounds and nothing further has happened. Is this normal? And also the area around the hole looks dried up. It doesn't look very good but I'm not sure. I haven't touched it and don't know if this is ok. I'll post a pic and if someone could let me know what they think I would appreciate it! He eggs are a couple days overdue and one other egg is almost poked thru.

I woke up this morning and one egg has a beam poking thru. I noticed it shortly before 5 this morning and so far no movement and no sounds and nothing further has happened. Is this normal? And also the area around the hole looks dried up. It doesn't look very good but I'm not sure. I haven't touched it and don't know if this is ok. I'll post a pic and if someone could let me know what they think I would appreciate it! He eggs are a couple days overdue and one other egg is almost poked thru.

Not used my incubator yet, but word on the street is that this is totally normal. Takes a lot o' energy for a baby chick to hatch out. It'll knock a hole in there, "zip" the egg (make a crack all the way around it, and get out. This can take 24+ hours. Very exciting!

I hope it's okay! I hope the dried up stuff is okay too! I checked them last at around 11 last night and nothing had happened yet. It was exactly like the picture shows around 5 this morning. I will post another close up picture so it's easier to see. The egg behind that one has a crack started too. Its close to poking out! Is it normal for them to poke thru and not move around at all? Its been like that for an hour and a half at least and still nothing.

Back
Top Bottom