Submit Your Chicken Page For The Picture Of The Week (POW)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE FOURTH KIND

CHICKEN DISCOVERS THE JOYS OF CAT FOOD

KITTY DISCOVERS THE JOYS OF CHICKEN FEED

TWEETY FINDS HER LONG LOST TWIN IN THE GLASS

TWEETY'S FIRST EGG!!!

My neighbor gave me a chicken for my birthday. We scrambled to set up what we thought she needed. I was told by several peeps that I needed a coop, nesting box, other chickens for her etc., etc., We were told our hen (Tweety Bird) will not lay eggs for many more months. We have no coop, no nesting box, she is an only child (unless she's in the family room where she and my 2 cats get along (actually, the cats just ignore her and vice versa). in spite of all the warnings, my baby had not one egg - but TWO! Two in a row. One yesterday and one today - we found both in the back of her huge cage with the perch and her bankies to keep her warm and give her some privacy. She goes into her cage and hunkers down behind her perch and she lays her eggs back there. I ducked my head into the cage and voila - there was her second egg. FYI -She and I are a team - I work in my backyard all day so we both work together. I plant succulents and she digs them up. I would complain if she wasn't finding grubs that eat the roots of plants. I asked her if she would do this BEFORE I plant, but she threatened to report me to the United Chickens of America union post 63 which she signed up for when I wasn't looking.

These are some of my Light Brahmas the rooster's name is Cat Daddy he also has 4 more hens . They were all hatched Nov. 2015 They are enjoying a little free ranging today. Cat Daddy is the best husband rooster. When a hawk flies over and squeals he orders all his wives into the bushes then he stands out in the open and challenges the beast and it works. When he finds a cricket or a grub he won't eat it he calls his girls and when the first one gets there he drops it right in front of her and she gobbles it up. He is such a good Hubby
Have a nice day Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom