Suddenly sick turkey

bambamsdad

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jul 4, 2012
Davis Junction,IL
Have a young turkey who in the last 24 hrs has become ill. There were no signs prior to last night when it was time to go to roost she/he stayed hidden in their favorite bush usually they willingly head for their roost at dark. I picked her up and headed for the garage were they roost she didn't fight me as she usually does as they don't like to be held instead of roosting on the pole she just sat on a box that I have as a booster. This morning I discovered watery droppings were she spent the night. We have been weeding a certain area of the yard and may be possible she got into something so I started a Epsom salt flush just in case. These birds free range with 2 young roosters that are handicapped the other turkey nor roosters show any signs of problems just the one. The turkeys hang together all the time would figure if they ate something bad the other one would show signs but not the case so far he seems to be fine. The symptoms she has shown are huddling, watery droppings, heat seeking, hiding , ruffeld feathers, isolation. I've included some pics of the droppings and her unsure of age but guessing around 3-4 months. Thanks Having issues with pics will try later.

Well did a Epsom flush seemed to do the trick think she may have picked something up when we were weeding but seems to be just fine was a little worried have had some other birds get sick out of nowhere and not recover with very similar symptoms. Thanks for asking!

Back
Top Bottom