Suggestions for a First Aid Kit - Updated 8-01-2020

Pics
What about liquid bandage? I've used it a number of times now, no harmful effect noted, any reason it shouldn't be used? Hate to hurt the birdies when I'm only trying to help, and I keep forgetting to buy the blue kote

Some extra buckets, small and large, you can always use buckets.
Something to restrain an animal (gambrel, rope, whatever may work for your species)
A quarantine area, or a pen you can quickly set up, and extra lights/flashlights with extra batteries in case something happens at night, or way out in the pasture

An emergency vet fund set aside, dependant on your species and local vet. Personally I'd say $500 min for sheep and similar, $1000 for horses/ponies. Some people use a dedicated credit card or something like Care Credit.

Above from:https://www.backyardherds.com/threa...or-emergencies-or-injuries.35276/#post-477810

Last edited:
Some extra buckets, small and large, you can always use buckets.
Something to restrain an animal (gambrel, rope, whatever may work for your species)
A quarantine area, or a pen you can quickly set up, and extra lights/flashlights with extra batteries in case something happens at night, or way out in the pasture

An emergency vet fund set aside, dependant on your species and local vet. Personally I'd say $500 min for sheep and similar, $1000 for horses/ponies. Some people use a dedicated credit card or something like Care Credit.

Above from:https://www.backyardherds.com/threa...or-emergencies-or-injuries.35276/#post-477810

Last edited:
Not sure if this qualifies for an emergency kit, but I keep pinless peepers and peeper pliers on hand for my birds in case one of them starts feather picking, as it can lead to wounding or killing once they see blood. It's more preventative than emergency, but I just remembered how important it is to me to have them already on hand and ready, as stores do not sell them here.

Not sure if this qualifies for an emergency kit, but I keep pinless peepers and peeper pliers on hand for my birds in case one of them starts feather picking, as it can lead to wounding or killing once they see blood. It's more preventative than emergency, but I just remembered how important it is to me to have them already on hand and ready, as stores do not sell them here.
I will add that!

Back
Top Bottom