Summer Project

Pics

katsdar

Crowing
10 Years
Jul 21, 2012
Armuchee, Georgia
BYC is not responsible for transactions outside the BST area of the forum. All swaps are at the swappers risk and in no way will the Staff be involved in disputes. All disputes should be handled privately as per BYC Rules. No feedback and no feedback threads are allowed in these swaps. Do not report issues with the swaps using the report button. Please resolve all issues privately with your swap partner and/or the the swap originator. BYC discourages all transactions outside the regular BST area. Non monetary swap transactions are only allowed in this forum and only in a Swap thread. You must be 18 or over to participate in any swap, trade or any other transaction on BYC. All BYC Rules apply.

Here we go!!!

I'm going to try something new, the idea is based on a quilt swap. I have done in the past with fenrosie and Majack, it's fun.

This mini quilt swap will be makers choice. You can make a traditional style quilt or an art quilt, or combine the two. The size requirements are finished 10" to 16" square so the mini quilt will have to have a backing, batting, and of course the top quilted/finished how you like and with binding. I challenge you to try something new. Get out of your comfort zone. Learn a new technique. You will send me pictures of your quilt to my personal e-mail (kathleenboston2 at gmail dot com)and I will post pics to the BYC site. You will need to have a description of your quilt. Tell me the techniques used, did you hand quilt it, machine quilt it? etc.
  • As the pics of the quilts arrive, I will post them in batches on BYC with the descriptions, though not the names of the makers.
  • Choose your own quilt! After the deadline, when I have received photos of all the finished quilts and posted them online, you will have the chance to send a list of the 10-12 quilts you would love to have. (depending on how many we have sign up)
  • Quilty surprise? I will not be announcing who gets what quilt until the quilts are received, but if you really want to know which one is coming to you once they have been assigned, I will send you that information via PM.
The dead line to have your pictures in to me of your mini quilt Will be Sept. 18th or sooner. If you do not want to ship overseas let me know via PM. Don't post pics of your creations. To sign up post "I'm in" or something to that effect. Remember your the Artist, so let's start creating.

So what are we doing, making a mini quilt, sending me a picture of it, I'm posting pics so you don't know who made what and your then going to select which ones you would like to have. In order of importance 1-?, I will try my best to give you your first choice.

If you would like to enter more than one quilt you can and then you will have that many more choices!!!! Any questions just ask me I'm on here all the time. Or someone else may have the answer.

Last edited:
This is just a suggestion, this is a paper pieced 12"x12" mini quilt I submitted to a quilt swap. I called it "Pretty in Pink" and the secondary color was grey not brown as it shows up in the pic. So I had to state that in my description. BTW it went to live in Norway!!

Attachments

• P1030784.JPG
    P1030784.JPG
    394.6 KB · Views: 15
  • P1030785.JPG
    P1030785.JPG
    765.9 KB · Views: 16

Back
Top Bottom