Super Easy Crock Pot Apple Butter

That's about right Okie...and Asher go back to post #53 and you can see those rubbermaid containers I used..they are 16oz each and I filled up 5 of them with exactly that recipe. If it were Christmas and you were making it for gifts you might want to double it but as it is, it's plenty for a family for awhile.
wink.png

Must have been a good time to make a re-surgence of this thread!! Everyone I know, even co-workers are talking about this apple butter lately!!...Didn't help that I took some to work yesterday, hahahha!!!
wee.gif
wee.gif
too yummy not to share!!!!
lau.gif
lau.gif

You will be so hooked Ewe!!! It's too easy and good not to like!!

okiemommy wrote:
Wildsky, do you have your Jerky recipe posted here?

No I stole it from Scrambled - LOL - Scrambled, do you have it posted anywhere?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RE: JERKY.......
Sorry, forgot you asked about this!! I normally very thinly slice up a london boil and marinate it overnight in Lawry's Steak & Chop marinade (it is kid friendly and good..trust me on this, I've tried them all and the teriaki is the one least liked) throw it on the dehydrator the next day for about 5 hours (I have an old Mr. Coffee dehydrator and it takes me about 5 hours) you need to peel the strips up at least once and turn them over. Just becasue I am compulsive, I always leave it in the frig. unless we are taking it to the race track and then it never lasts through the whole evening so I dont worry about any spoiling...I feel sure it is dry enough to keep in a jar or bag but I am a worrier like that ...now at Christmas, I might would put it in a pretty jar with a bow and put it in a basket..would be an awesome gift!! Now when you see a london broil on sale for 5 or 6 bucks you should buy it and freeze it till you wnat to make jerky..and dehydrators show up in the good wills and habitat stores a good bit for a little of nothing...this and the apple butter in a chicken wire basket (see the christmas craft thread) with a loaf of Miss Prissy's egg bread for Christmas would be the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​

Last edited:
I made about three couples Christmas cookies one year and they loved them. I was worried that they might think they are hokey or something since they were homemade. I was wrong! So wrong!! Everyone loved them and they tried calling me Martha Stewart for 2 years. I don't really care for her all that much, and I finally got them to stop
wee.gif

OH! What is London Broil?? I have never heard of it at all.

ETA: I still took it as a compliment b/c I think that Martha Stewart is a genius, I just don't really care for her.

Last edited:
Yeah, I've been called a Martha Wannabe more times than one..course I am hugely flattered by that, lol!!! My hero!!!

London broil is a roast that is typically tough unless you cook it a certain way, that's why I think it's perfect for jerky...it turns out perfect everytme for me and I talked Wildsky into trying it and she was pleased too..londo broil is a bit pricey but not the most popular cut so OFTEN on a good sale you can get it half off..if so, buy 2 and freeze one for making jerky for gifts later. I have tried all the marinades and kids are so dang picky they like the jerky to taste like steak, like meat, not all fruity and sharp tasting so that Lawry's steak n chop is really the best I've found. I told Wildsky she should make gifts for her husbands co-workers of jerky in a nice jar with a piece of gingham cut with pinking shears and maybe go back some pages in this thread.... https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=21400 and look at those chicken wire baskets and make those and line with a big piece of gingham with cut edges...add a loaf of miss prissy's egg bread and the apple butter and OMG what a great gift!!! You could throw in a home made ornament and someone would die over that present, wow!!

Last edited:
Ok now, where can I find the recipe for Ms. Prissy's Egg Bread? I love this post topic, it has no end and I have gotten such good ideas and recipes.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom