Super Easy Crock Pot Apple Butter

Ya'll, we went to Dollywood Saturday and they had pumpkin butter for sale. It's much thinner and paler than ours. Ingredients were: pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, cloves & nutmeg. I asked the lady about it and she said they pressure-cook the jars for about 45 minutes.

How can it be said that there's no safe way to can if reputable places sell it?

We bought a jar but haven't done a taste test yet. I can tell you that it will for SURE make the toast sogy, since it sloshes when you rock the jar. So I already like mine better
tongue.png

"How to -~Safely~- Can Pumpkin Butter?"........the 7th ?Wonder? of the world.
wink.png
Yea it seems to not be fair!.......that 'some' places can it & yet @ home it's a Severe no -no.
hmm.png

I made this again last week and decided to try something different with it since I have about 14 jars of it for Christmas gifts...soooo, I had a bag of fresh frozen strawberries in the freezer and threw those in with my apples. WOW!!! Yummy flavor!! Really added a nice taste!! I always stick my mixer in the apples at the end anyway so it made the strawberries about the same consistency as the apples but the flavor was really good. My husband said, hey, that is really good!!! Give it a try if you are bored with just the apple butter
wink.png

I have no idea how I've missed this thread, but now that I've seen it, I'm going to try it. Sounds very yummy!
tongue.png
Thanks so much for sharing that recipe with us all.
smile.png

Quote:
LOL!! I think have the population of BYC is giving apple butter for Christmas!!! Most folks were luckier than me though and had their own apple trees, how awesome is that?!!!

Quote:
LOL!! I think have the population of BYC is giving apple butter for Christmas!!! Most folks were luckier than me though and had their own apple trees, how awesome is that?!!!

I am making homemade apple jam and a homemade loaf of bread for family members for Christmas this year, so a jar of this would go nicely with it! My kids eat a ton of waffles and pancakes also and this would definitely add a nice twist to those! As for the apple trees, I don't have any but boy that would be awesome! I will just have to settle with our local produce store. They still have yummy apples available that were grown here in our area.
smile.png

Yeppers, I'd be one of them. It is so YUMMY I had to do it twice! Now if I can only keep those jars on my shelf until Christmas, I'll be doing great! Oh well, I can just make it a third time if I have to! Thank you, Thank you, Thank You! For such a wonderful recipe.

Last edited:
I have a tree in my front yard that was supposed to be a Bradford pear. Well, it's not. I produces huge soft ball sized pears. They are rock hard on the outside, but softer on the inside. Can I use those and do pear butter?

Back
Top Bottom