Super Easy Crock Pot Apple Butter

Just heat your seals up in boiling water and seal the jars of apple butter that is what I do 2 years now works great no need to pur in fridge untill after the jars are opened

Last edited:
Quote:
Darn... what can i do then?? Freezer bags?
hmm.png

If the jars are not over filled they won't break in the freezer...but you can water bath them for 10 minutes and just store them on the shelf until opened. Then refrigerate.

Edited to add: I always add the juice of one lemon to up the acid content to ensure that I won't get any spoilage in mine on the shelf.

Last edited:
Quote:
hmm.png

Jars will NOT break in the freezer if you buy the ones labeled for freezing.
I have frozen 1/2 pint, pint & quart-sized jars w/o a problem.

Quote:
hmm.png

Jars will NOT break in the freezer if you buy the ones labeled for freezing.
I have frozen 1/2 pint, pint & quart-sized jars w/o a problem.

Good to know! Wonder if Wal-mart sells them??

I think I've seen them there.
Box says "Freezer Jars" or something like that.

Got mine at the grocery store (Centrella) once & once from Meier.

Quote:
You can't post something that beautiful and not share the recipe!!!!
tongue.png
Please!!!

The secret isn't the recipe, it's the solar oven that makes it soooooo.....yummy and beautiful. Any favorite recipe will work. This is a sourdough white bread. I love to cook in my solar oven and am able to never turn on the house oven. I love it!

Just GREAT - - - wait til Dh sees this thread about a solar oven - - - he has been hitting me up for a solar grill 4EVER.
he.gif

I have just been shaking my head and walking away - -- - now I will have to face his "I told you so - - - See I am not Crazy" look now !
barnie.gif

Quote:
63732_dcp_1854.jpg

Solar ovens are just the greatest thing if you want to save some $$ and not heat up the house. I have found that I can cook everything in my ovens. I can even put an egg in a granite pan and end up with a "dry boiled" egg. Pretty cool!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom