Super Easy Crock Pot Apple Butter

We walked out of home depot today with a mirror for my Dd. Dh was bending it to determine the parabolic curve and where the light would hit.
hu.gif

Wait til Dh sees your pics maggiemooscluckers - - -he may even pm you for info.
frow.gif

I guess my "honey do" list might get lost for a while, if Dh gets a look at those pics.
th.gif

Quote:
You can't post something that beautiful and not share the recipe!!!!
tongue.png
Please!!!

The secret isn't the recipe, it's the solar oven that makes it soooooo.....yummy and beautiful. Any favorite recipe will work. This is a sourdough white bread. I love to cook in my solar oven and am able to never turn on the house oven. I love it!

I don't have a solar oven but I do have a natural gas stove in my garage. I use it to bake in so I don't have to bake inside my house and I use the stove top when I'm cooking something like soups, stews, pot roast or any food that has to cook long and slow.

I have some going right now. . . I used gala apples and added some lemon juice Cardamon and vanilla. Hopefully it turns out- I'll know about 10 oclock tonight when i put it in jars and waterbath.

oh my.
wee.gif
woot.gif

It is SO good.

It's just spicy enough. I processed 3 hours on medium. I also added 1 cup water to the apples and skimmed that off .

I ended up with 2 pints apple pie filling(butter pre processed), 3 pints Chai Spice Apple Butter(with extra spice added) and one pint apple syrup(pulled off the apple pie filling) for icecream/pancakes
smile.png

Not bad for a 2.00 bag of apples!
40528_553787244342_58102172_32301879_413336_n.jpg

WOW - that is incredible. They look wonderful.

I am to have to go back and read the specifics of your recipe. If I remember correctly, you did something different than the original op. You used some different spices ? ? ? ?

NICE JOB - - REALLY NICE JOB
thumbsup.gif

Bumping this up to let everyone know the peaches worked!

The worst part was having to peel all those peaches : P
But after that is was easy:
pit & slice peaches, toss in crockpot with sugar, ginger & a bit of cinnamon.
I filled a 5qt crockpot and used about 2 cups of sugar. No add'l liquid added.
Let it go all night set to Low with the lid cocked so moisture could evaporate.

It was still a bit loose when I filled the jars (3 1/2 pint ones, 1 pint and about 1/4 cup leftover for breakfast) but by the time it cooled it setup nicely.
The pint is in the fridge for me, the 1/2 pints are in the freezer for gifts later (Xmas?).

Consistency is somewhere between preserves & compote but spreadable.
I left some chunks because I like it that way but you could puree for a smoother finished butter.

Back
Top Bottom