Super Easy Crock Pot Apple Butter

th.gif
thanks for adding to my shopping list!

Okie, this IS easy...very easy..and yummy and good smelling too, lol!!! Angel...we put this on home made bread...I especially like that egg bread recipe Miss Prissy posted..do a search for egg bread and I would imagine it will come up...or put it on toast or biscuits..or pancakes...or ice cream....or...whatever other creative way to use it you can think of, loL!! It's really, really good. As far as apples...truthfully I use the cheapest ones I can buy in a bag...except I've never used sour ones...and yes it has to be either refrigerated or frozen since it isn't officially "canned"..it you "can" it then I would imagine it could sit on a shelf like other canned goods, personally I have never canned it, only made it like the recipe calls for and put the jars in the freezer, then into the refrigerator to thaw. If anyone tries that, let the rest of us know how it works!!
wink.png

...sorry Wildries!!! I think between the pressure canner and the dehydrator I'm done influencing your shopping....unless of course you don't have a crock pot!!!!! lol!!!Walmart has those too!!! lol!!

Quote:
OH I have a crock pot - the handles fell off but it still works just fine! I'm gonna tell my husband it is all YOUR fault.
gig.gif

I've canned it. Works well. Prepare your jars and pack it hot then do a boiling waterbath for 10 minutes.

Well, to me, that would be better Kitty than jammin up my freezer with it, I will try that next time instead!

Scrambled Egg wrote:
...sorry Wildries!!! I think between the pressure canner and the dehydrator I'm done influencing your shopping....unless of course you don't have a crock pot!!!!! lol!!!Walmart has those too!!! lol!!

OH I have a crock pot - the handles fell off but it still works just fine! I'm gonna tell my husband it is all YOUR fault.

After my adding the pressure canner and the dehydrator to your shopping list he will probably believe you!!! You can pick up great 70's style crock pots (meaning they are all one piece without the lift out ceramic) at the Goodwill stores for about $4.00....I have bought one for work and a cute retro red colored one..brand new..for DS's girlfriend from Goodwill. The older ones sometimes cook on a more steady time frame than the newer one I have here at home..my new one cooks too fast for me to trust leaving it on while I am at work all day....guess I need to switch them out, lol! hmmm, have a crock pot meal idea I need to fix anyway...lol!​

Thanks for the support!
love.gif

Does anyone know what kind of sugar I can use other than the processes white granulated sugar? Preferably natural?

Quote:
What's a waterbath? Does that mean you have hot simmer (near boiling) apple butter put into out of the boiling water canning jars, then add the caps & rings to the jar then put the whole filled jar into boiling water to 'seal' it? If so do you put it in boiling water that only comes up to the side of the jar right? & not over the top lid? I thought if the contents were Very hot & the jars were Very hot that after you add the cap & ring that the jars would seal themselves in a few minutes on thier own??? Sorry that's my knowledge on canning
roll.png
LOVE canning recipes tho, thanks
big_smile.png

I'd love to answer you here but all I've ever done is pressure canning and yes the water goes only to about the bottom ring of the glass jar lid..not sure about water bath pot canning....sorry!! Anyone else know?

Back
Top Bottom