Support Group for Abused Duck Keepers

Found another dead female in the pond. :he
I had a couple of duck die in my stock tank last year. I stopped having the problem after I gave them a "platform" to stand on (I stacked a couple of cinderblocks on top of each other so they had a step kind of close to the lip). I don't know if they couldn't get out that day, or if a male was over aggressive while mating, and drown them... But giving them a step made it stop.
IMG_20240403_192843.jpg

The cinder blocks are always right around where the water line is.

I hope this helps. It might be old information for you, though.

Found another dead female in the pond. :he
Where are the geese when this has happened? My goose who lost her mate a few years ago could not get in the large pool with the ducks up until this past week,[she is finally done with breeding hormones] She would get in and climb on top of one of the females and she being so heavy the poor duck couldn't come up for air. One time she was on top of the drake with the duck under them both.So she and one of the drakes she raised were kept in a separate area until this week.

Where are the geese when this has happened? My goose who lost her mate a few years ago could not get in the large pool with the ducks up until this past week,[she is finally done with breeding hormones] She would get in and climb on top of one of the females and she being so heavy the poor duck couldn't come up for air. One time she was on top of the drake with the duck under them both.So she and one of the drakes she raised were kept in a separate area until this week.
I have mated pair and 3 male geese, but I doubt a male goose would mate with a male duck. Nothing on the camera so far.

I have mated pair and 3 male geese, but I doubt a male goose would mate with a male duck. Nothing on the camera so far.
I wouldn't put anything past them when hormones are high. Just me though. He may not be looking to mate but dominance might come into play.

Today is day 25 for the twins
Both babies are still active
We are on lockdown but I will be checking this egg every few hours for internal pip and or bruises
I can now see slight shadowing starting
My air cell hasn’t dipped forward yet
But babies have moved since this morning as the empty space I could see is gone now
Please pray and cross every finger and toe you have
They have come this far I really would love them to hatch 🐣
I will be recording them hatching and will post the link on YouTube as long as all goes well
How's it going with this?

How's it going with this?
Well bad news
I looked for hstching signs
Day 26 I saw a tiny yellow mark but thought it had been there previously
Day 27 in the morning both still moving
Air cell never dipped forward and no shadowing
A few hours later I checked and veins were gone already
I opened the egg as quick as I could found the beak had got through the membrane and was directly under that little yellow mark
Both were gone but still warm
I tried ti revive them but couldn’t
Dang I messed it up again at hatch
I’m use to big bruises darker ones
Unfortunately not only did we loose the babies but my friend lost the mom 2 days before
They were perfectly formed
I let them down :(
One was 3/4 absorbed the other was about half

Attachments

• D86945C8-91EA-4698-9585-0200D4FA2050.png
    D86945C8-91EA-4698-9585-0200D4FA2050.png
    3 MB · Views: 6
Well bad news
I looked for hstching signs
Day 26 I saw a tiny yellow mark but thought it had been there previously
Day 27 in the morning both still moving
Air cell never dipped forward and no shadowing
A few hours later I checked and veins were gone already
I opened the egg as quick as I could found the beak had got through the membrane and was directly under that little yellow mark
Both were gone but still warm
I tried ti revive them but couldn’t
Dang I messed it up again at hatch
I’m use to big bruises darker ones
Unfortunately not only did we loose the babies but my friend lost the mom 2 days before
They were perfectly formed
I let them down :(
One was 3/4 absorbed the other was about half
You're trying to do something that mither nature can't do. You didn't let them down, you're just not perfect.
I'm very sorry it didn't work out. The yellow mark might very well have been there before, and it also happened to be where they were trying to break thru.
You're an incredible duck mom. Sometimes mother nature is cruel.

You're trying to do something that mither nature can't do. You didn't let them down, you're just not perfect.
I'm very sorry it didn't work out. The yellow mark might very well have been there before, and it also happened to be where they were trying to break thru.
You're an incredible duck mom. Sometimes mother nature is cruel.
Thank you
That was my last try at it

Back
Top Bottom