Surprise Chick???

CluckingLucky

Chirping
Aug 10, 2023
Na-Au-Say, IL
One of my orders of chicks this year included the Bielefelder, Columbian, Wyandotte, and Americauna chicks ( which after reading several posts here, I’m assuming you’re probably just Easter Eggers).
The hatchery threw in a bonus chick, although they said they aren’t typically Cockerels. I believe this one is. I’m just having the hardest time trying to fighter out what he may be.
His wing feathers have a maroonish tone and he has heavily feathered feet. Really doesn’t look anything like the five black copper marans cockerels we received from a different hatchery, so I don’t think he’s BC maran but maybe…

Any educated guesses?

Attachments

• IMG_1251.jpeg
    IMG_1251.jpeg
    888.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1250.jpeg
    IMG_1250.jpeg
    882.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1248.jpeg
    IMG_1248.jpeg
    719.8 KB · Views: 17
Thanks @JedJackson ! I don’t know why I didn’t rule out maran by leg color, rookie mistake! 😂

Anyway, I’m in IL, and we already have our Rooster….if anyone wants him let me know😬
It's difficult to remember everything. I miss stuff all the time when looking on here.

Here is the thread for free re-homing. Craigslist is another option-- I always warn people to make trades in public places like grocery store parking lots instead of inviting strangers to your home. Too many crazies out there. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/animals-in-need-of-free-re-homing.16182/

Back
Top Bottom