Surprise pullets from Ideal

WhitehartRabbitry

Songster
10 Years
Aug 17, 2009
Ohio
Just wondering if anyone can help me on the breeds of these chicks?

I have two of these black ones:

001-29.jpg

Buff one:

002-31.jpg

I think this is an EE:

003-35.jpg

RIR or NHR?

006-33.jpg

EE?

008-36.jpg

This one looks to have more of a yellow leg than the other chipmunk-marked ones:

010-35.jpg

The 3 of the packing peanuts (i have two more that look just like the second one):

011-32.jpg

012-22.jpg

013-18.jpg

Thanks!

okay, what's with the green on the head?? aren't they a little young to be dying hteir feathers... lol...

i'm no help with the id, but saw the green on a couple and was wondering if it was something the hatchery did or if the baby got a hold of a marker...

first one looks like a Barred Rock,
second one looks like a buff orpington or buff minorca (you can't really tell the difference until their earlobes come in)
last one could be a silver laced wyandotte, but I'd have to see the back to tell for sure.

Can you get pictures of their backs? Sometimes the back markings are very important to IDing the breed.

Sure, I will get pics of the backs.

As far as the green markings, they marked the "packing peanuts" (extra roos for warmth) so I would know which was which. Everyone is very active (and noisy) and doing great!!

Will update with back pictures in the next few mins...

Ok here are pictures of the back sides:

The SLW?:
026-9.jpg

The 3 identical roos (they do not have green legs so I'm assuming they are a breed of something and not EE's):

027-9.jpg

The group in their box:

037-9.jpg

RIRs, BRs, Buff Orps or Min, and a bunch of EEs

EEs can have any leg color and be with or without beards/muffs

ETA: Don't think #6 is an EE though... But can't think of the breed right off hand that is trying to come to mind.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom