Surviving Minnesota!

Beautiful day yesterday . Spent most of the day outdoors . Got the cattle panels up for the pole beans . Today is going to be another nice day . Going fishing again . Bluegill spawn has been slow due to cool weather . Sunshine should warm the water .

WARNING...BIG RANT UP AHEAD.........................

Being a retired police officer and an wildlife advocate for well over 20 years, and having worked with the DNR in one way or another over my entire career, I do not hold them in very high regard. Not because the actual wardens are good or bad because there are both in the profession, but because no matter what , they all have to follow the same rules regardless of how they feel, or they lose their job. Most do what their told - not what is ethically right. Look what they did to the Bison calf in Yellowstone....mistake one was of course the visitors picking the calf up and bringing it to the DNR - ( they should have left nature to itself as everyone here is saying). The DNR could have taken it to a zoo, brought it to a wildlife rehab or even given it to a Bison Farm....but no, they fined the visitors and euthanized the calf because those are the rules. In my educated opinion, they will take the eggs, fine the person who took them and then destroy the eggs whether or not it is illegal, immoral or just plain unethical to do so.....those are the rules of the big wide world of the DNR. ....END of RANT.

Good morning everyone....it's a beautiful day here up on the North shore
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Being a retired police officer and an wildlife advocate for well over 20 years, and having worked with the DNR in one way or another over my entire career, I do not hold them in very high regard. Not because the actual wardens are good or bad because there are both in the profession, but because no matter what , they all have to follow the same rules regardless of how they feel, or they lose their job. Most do what their told - not what is ethically right. Look what they did to the Bison calf in Yellowstone....mistake one was of course the visitors picking the calf up and bringing it to the DNR - ( they should have left nature to itself as everyone here is saying). The DNR could have taken it to a zoo, brought it to a wildlife rehab or even given it to a Bison Farm....but no, they fined the visitors and euthanized the calf because those are the rules. In my educated opinion, they will take the eggs, fine the person who took them and then destroy the eggs whether or not it is illegal, immoral or just plain unethical to do so.....those are the rules of the big wide world of the DNR. ....END of RANT.

big_smile.png

If not for having to redo another wheel bearing it would be a perfect world here today.......Good morning..

Morning Siggie.
wink.png

When you're counting on the man for a paycheck then you need to buck up no matter what your opinion is. DH and I had a big conversation about this. Like it or not Money talks, and therefore we do the walk. Pickle in the Middle.

big_smile.png

They euthanized that calf? how sad to hear. The idiot people who pull moves like that and doom the wildlife.... ugh...

Morning Siggie.
wink.png

When you're counting on the man for a paycheck then you need to buck up no matter what your opinion is. DH and I had a big conversation about this. Like it or not Money talks, and therefore we do the walk. Pickle in the Middle.
yeah...it puts a lot of people in very sticky or "pickled" positions that make for bad choices no matter which way they go.
sad.png

They euthanized that calf? how sad to hear. The idiot people who pull moves like that and doom the wildlife.... ugh...
yes, it was a sad day when I read about it. Nature is sometimes cruel but I think we humans take the cake in that department. Sometimes I wish I were a bird
th.gif
but not a chicken...my luck I would wind up a broiler !!! no...more like an eagle or something wickedly cool like that LOL! (not that chickens aren't cool...cuz they are)

Last edited:
Well Ralph I used your chick culling method. After I put the Starter fluid on some cloth in the container the chick just fell asleep. It hatched with its yolk sac hanging out and it must have gotten caught on something cuz it popped and the chick was dying. So I put it down.... Never want to do that again.

My babies are getting big!! I tried getting pictures of both Legbars but the one is a little goofy. LOL they are beautiful birds!!

ETA: These pics are nearly a week old so they have grown alot! And Luckys head is ALL Golden/Copper colored!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom