Surviving Minnesota!

I found a small electric wood chipper on craigslist today. It said it too up to 1 3/4 inch branches so I knew it was small.

It was $60, I thought I would get it and try to crack corn with it. I was amazed what a good job it does and how fast it does it.  I can do a bushel in less than 2 minutes. At the price of cracked corn in the mill, versus what I paid a farmer for a wagon load. I am saving so much money, I might be able to afford a Mikes in a week or two!

Glad it's working well. This is the same I do except mine is gas powered and makes the corn into very small bits

Does it have blades or a whip?

Any body know anyone who takes in old hens that have quit laying? My best friends mother in law doesn't want them anymore. I don't have the room for 6 more chickens...

Any body know anyone who takes in old hens that have quit laying? My best friends mother in law doesn't want them anymore. I don't have the room for 6 more chickens...

I'm sure someone on Craigslist will take them. Old hens tend to sell quick on Craigslist...

Craigslist, classifieds online, most people will buy them for butcher since they're cheap

Good morning all! My neighbor is finally picking up his 5 hatchery specials. Need to make room for my nonlaying buff orpington trio. I bought them in hutch and so far only 6 eggs. Grrrr

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom