Surviving Minnesota!

Something is wrong with our furnace
1f616.png

The house smells like burning electrical parts.
DH is in the basement checking it out, I'm in the shop with the dog and cats.

Cleaned out the coop today. Added new bedding and when I collected eggs I found a pullet egg! So one of the August chicks has begun to lay. At about 18 wks. I counted it out and thought Dec 21 was 20 weeks so earlier than I was expecting. I don't have lights on these girls and they are still laying this well. I opened the runs this afternoon while I was cleaning out the coop so the chickens are out free ranging for the next couple hours. Sun is starting to set so I am sure they will be making their way into the coop soonish. Have a good evening.

I am back!!!

Erlibrd Glad your house did not burn or gas you!.....

MomofMany...( I like EJB's nickname for you)... How are you keeping them laying with no lights? Even with lights mine are being slackers....

Cluckies Have fun at the family Reunion..

Kloppers It has blades. It cuts the pieces in just the right size for me. The cracked corn from the mill is a tad too ground for me.

The drive was long, but I think it was worth it. The incubator and hatcher both have electronic thermostats with a wafer high temp limiter. I got the trays and the works. They both have glass doors and he had one of the original doors. Which is super I a going to put that door on the one I used as a hatcher the end of last spring, (The one I drilled the 4 inch port holes in).

He also had a candling box, leg bands, and a bunch of other extra stuff.

I may change the electronic thermostat out for a digital one.

I made it out without stopping for any cheese. I did not even have to stop at Judy's brother as he was deer hunting. I tried to stop at her Uncles (her uncle is younger then her, it happens in families that are litter sized) but he was working. So I drove non-stop other than 2 potty and coffee refill stops.

I am back!!!

MomofMany...( I like EJB's nickname for you)... How are you keeping them laying with no lights? Even with lights mine are being slackers....

Cluckies Have fun at the family Reunion..

Kloppers It has blades. It cuts the pieces in just the right size for me. The cracked corn from the mill is a tad too ground for me.

The drive was long, but I think it was worth it. The incubator and hatcher both have electronic thermostats with a wafer high temp limiter. I got the trays and the works. They both have glass doors and he had one of the original doors. Which is super I a going to put that door on the one I used as a hatcher the end of last spring, (The one I drilled the 4 inch port holes in).

I made it out without stopping for any cheese. I did not even have to stop at Judy's brother as he was deer hunting. I tried to stop at her Uncles (her uncle is younger then her, it happens in families that are litter sized) but he was working. So I drove non-stop other than 2 potty and coffee refill stops.

Thanks, me too! Dh has all this stuff in the pole barn I call junk and he reminded me that it's good stuff because he had the parts to fix the furnace.
bow.gif

Ralphie how could you not stop for cheese!!!??

Thanks, me too! Dh has all this stuff in the pole barn I call junk and he reminded me that it's good stuff because he had the parts to fix the furnace.
bow.gif

Ralphie how could you not stop for cheese!!!??

It is good for a wife to be reminded occasionally a Husband never has "junk". It is all valuable stuff at some point in time..

I just did not want to stop, it is just so far to Green Bay and back, it felt like a million miles.

On the way over I thought I would stop on the way back at one of the small cheese factory farms. on the way back I just wanted to get home.

Going to Fairfield tomorrow. I have to go help my uncle and grandpa bring cows back from Victors. I'm not sure if I'm bringing Sneaks or I I'm riding one of their horses. Or a snowmobile
1f602.png

I am back!!!

MomofMany...( I like EJB's nickname for you)...   How are you keeping them laying with no lights? Even with lights mine are being slackers....

Cluckies   Have fun at the family Reunion..

The drive was long, but I think it was worth it. The incubator and hatcher both have electronic thermostats with a wafer high temp limiter.  I got the trays and the works. They both have glass doors and he had one of the original doors. Which is super I a going to put that door on the one I used as a hatcher the end of last spring, (The one I drilled the 4 inch port holes in).

I have absolutely no idea why they are laying so well. They were May hatch and red sex-links with the random others. Just counting it as lucky.

Funny I was just talking to some yesterday about how my mom has Aunts and Uncles younger than her, which happens when your mother is I think number 3 out of 12. LOL!

Back
Top Bottom