Surviving Minnesota!

I think we got a bit of snow can't really tell
1f602.png

I'm at grand view lodge in Nisswa. DHs company Christmas party. It is depressing when the place your staying at overnight is nicer than your house!

Nonetheless it was a fun party. Everybody had a good time. But I want to get back home and decorate the tree I got Friday night.

There's a little bar that sells trees for $25. I go there once a year for two minutes. They are balsam- tall and skinny. They make a statement with the vaulted ceilings but they don't take up space in the living room. On the way back from there I hit a deer with DHs truck. The plow was on so it didn't do damage but it's unnerving still. And hate that a deer was wasted. We've had deer in our freezer labelled 'plow deer" before but I wasn't going to be road kill Sally that night with a buck knife in the ditch ~ dark out and hoisting a 100 lb bloody deer carcass in a truck full of Christmas tree. So I rattled home sans deer.dh asked about it though. And scanned the ditches as this was a road we used to get to the Xmas party. No deer in the ditch. He thinks somebody else snagged it and cut it up.

You'd be surprised to know that all the road kill deer don't go to eagles and wolves. Bruno our town dog is fed venison. I guess the owner will take in deer for him. Actually you can't get Bruno to eat a dog treat or dog food. Lol. He's got very developed tastes. And there's another guy that I know in town who does the same for his labs. But he goes further and grinds it and cooks it. A lot of work for dog food. But I suppose...

Well I better get up and get ready and out of this fancy room. The kids will be looking for us.

Last edited:
Morning al! A white wake up today! Still decent weather enough to take the dogs out for a walk to play.
My chooks and I digging the snow today

One of the comets wanted to come in for some hot chocolate

Also DW picked up this neat decoration at a craft sale yesterday. Says it's inspiration for our cattle plan :)

So I asked my mom to help me AI my cochins today. She was like Ew! Gross!
I told her its not gross
1f602.png

We'll see if she helps me this after noon

Back
Top Bottom