Surviving Minnesota!

Got 24 eggs plus either one bantam and a pullet egg or 2 pullet eggs. I wasn't sure if they had froze so I scrambled up 16 of them for a egg,potato,bacon hash lunch skillet. Easy and uses a bunch off eggs quickly. I also found one soft egg froze solid on the floor of the coop. Gave that to the dog. He thought is was a prize! We had -8 at 8am this morning. Currently -3. Chickens still going outside to eat the fodder sprouts and whole grain I tossed out there. No wind today.

EJB. Layers Coyote story reminds me. My Daughter had a wolf or Coyote cross behind her house yesterday in Duluth, She is on the east side around 36th and 5-6 blocks up the hill. When she told me I told her you said they had been coming into the city this year.

I am poking holes in all the old air conditions I can find to help Global warming along!

When I saw the name Bigfoot, I thought some one was pulling my leg, I expected them to say they were from Togo.

Last edited:
I thought it was cold here but it's a toasty 6 above! Snow is falling with at least severe inches due. Camper is put away and the flock has retreated to their coop out of the snow. I need to bundle up and go make chicken food

I thought it was cold here but it's a toasty 6 above! Snow is falling with at least severe inches due. Camper is put away and the flock has retreated to their coop out of the snow. I need to bundle up and go make chicken food

Its -2 and with wind chill -26. Our wind chill advisory was finally taken down
1f602.png

Hi everybody... Busy day. Started sorting cattle in the dark at 5:30am and hauled some cull cows to Winger for auction...

Sad news too... I found Zeus frozen this morning... Ugh... Gonna miss that brat...

Ralphie do u mind if I give u a call? I just got my phone bavk.

So sorry Holm about Zeus. I still remember seeing him while he was at Heidi's barn. He impressed us then from the start and was a great bird.

Had Xmas with the In-laws. They will leave for Mission on Monday. Day of snacks, laying around, chatting. We got the FIL's DNA sample bottled up. I will send it in on Monday. He's excited to find out what kind of mutt he is. He knows he's swiss. I jumped on line at ancestry.com and traced to some Great Grand Parents and found the Switzerland Immigrant. This fellow came over, fought in the civil war. Then Homesteaded in Wisconsin before moving to South Dakota. Then his Daughter married there and then they moved to St. Cloud area. And there you have it. It was interesting.
Even though this is FIL's account. He does not have web access. I put in a family tree for my kids. which included my side of the family as well. Put in as much as I know for them. Put in MIL's family members...etc. etc. It's late...I've been working on it a long time tonight. Its very fascinating.

Morning . Yes I got a lot of insurance mail and calls . Done with that now . Got some snow late yesterday afternoon . Took a break and woke up to the ground covered . More snow coming today . Predicted to be about 6 inches total .

Back
Top Bottom