Surviving Minnesota!

I had more typed. A lot more. Then my mobile flickered and poof--> it all disappeared! Hate that.

Ralphie my last legbar died like that. Thinned, I think her little baby blue ears yellowed too (liver issue?) sorry about the frozen feet also. After a while or so many birds perhaps we adjust our thinking. With chickening we do our best but must mentally be tough for losses.

Jerry will be interested to hear about your goose grease. I believe the best is domestic duck. From what I've read. Frying chips or French fries.... Mmmm. Is the saw mill completely assembled?

Kloppers were your undies of a union suit variety? I save undy runs for spring and summer --dependent on mosquito populations as well. You are a true Minnesotan. Let me guess- swede? Lol.

Unplugged the big red lamp. Not needed for tonight. We're starting our heat wave.

I was going to ask my sister to run a bunch of coins into town so I can have some game cash. Decided to go through them just to look. Found a 1941 penny.
So note to self always check the coins before taking them in.

Last edited:
I had more typed. A lot more. Then my mobile flickered and poof--> it all disappeared! Hate that.

Ralphie my last legbar died like that. Thinned, I think her little baby blue ears yellowed too (liver issue?) sorry about the frozen feet also. After a while or so many birds perhaps we adjust our thinking. With chickening we do our best but must mentally be tough for losses.

Jerry will be interested to hear about your goose grease. I believe the best is domestic duck. From what I've read. Frying chips or French fries.... Mmmm. Is the saw mill completely assembled?

Kloppers were your undies of a union suit variety? I save undy runs for spring and summer --dependent on mosquito populations as well. You are a true Minnesotan. Let me guess- swede? Lol.

Unplugged the big red lamp. Not needed for tonight. We're starting our heat wave.
The assembly is not complete . It seems I was misled on the time it takes .Read salesmanship . I found posts of 80 to 100 hours . Weather and life has slowed the available time . Warm up coming . So maybe I can make some time . I need to go hunting plus butcher some more chickens . Then if the duck hunters gift more that takes time to process . At least I am not hibernating .

Where is everyone today ? Ralphie I hope you kept the propane tank full in Togo . Got to keep Sasquatch warm . That is some tough weather without heat .

Morning all!

@Bogtown Chick ok so I didn't really do an undies run. I would worry about frostbite ya know? I am actually a pleasant mix of German and Scott-Irish. Descended from the Irwin clan.

Morning all!

@Bogtown Chick ok so I didn't really do an undies run. I would worry about frostbite ya know? I am actually a pleasant mix of German and Scott-Irish. Descended from the Irwin clan.
Ach Irish mixed with German . Volatile mix . My mother was 1/2 French . Another volatile mix . The Franko Prussian war lasted 40 years as I recall .

Last edited:
My Guess is the Women Folk are on the last mad scrambles to make sure everybody is happy at Christmas. The work that the holidays bring to women is crazy and over whelming.

Decorating, Cooking, Bakings, Shopping, Wrapping. It's ridiculous it gets dumped entirely on us. I'm trying to get some assembly of my house as we have a larger Christmas Eve Party for 'orphan types' and those who just don't care being late for their own family Christmases. LOL.

We have a leather couch and club chair that is completely shredded due to a yellow lab pup and just generally being old. I ordered a new sectional the Friday after Thanksgiving. We are on the last days here before this party and so far its not at the store to be delivered yet, and I really would rather not have a couch with white stuffing coming out of every end for my party guests to snigger at. Albeit all of them know about dogs and teenagers and I'll probably would get sage nods of understanding. But we're looking a little rough around the edges in that living room right now. LOL. Complete Hillbillies.

Love it! I have a large stack of old barn board that I really need to do something with. I thought about sticking it up on a wall downstairs - maybe the one our TV is hung on. I thought it would look cool.

I love it cant wait to see the bathroom totally finished!
Thank you Cluckies and MinnesotaNice and Memphis. The Barnwood is fun and the whole look just so appealing to me. I wonder why. Hahaha.

Back
Top Bottom