Surviving Minnesota!

Look what I made in tech! This is for my dad
Nice!
i am having the hardest time with the thread today. i keep seeing you guys reply to posts i never say in the first place.... im struggling. like thinking through a fog today ON the bright side. @duluthralphie look what one of your transplant hens gave me today!
I am amazed you got a green and brown egg out of one chichen on one day, wow, lol
This is why I love my school and the kids who come to our games
The boy on the right has down syndrome, his name is Shawn. Today when the girl he has his arm around, Ashley she doesn't go to our school but comes to all of our games since she's friends with a bunch of us, walked into the gym he ran over and hugged her. He then put his arm around her and walked her to the bleachers where he had her sit down beside him. As the game progressed and more kids showed up my friend Logan said that him and I should move up so I literally wouldn't be sitting on his lap as it was getting super squished, so we sat farther up. Looked over and saw that! So cute!!! At one point the boy on the left, who is extremely close to Ashley jokingly put his arm around her also. Shawn slapped it away
1f602.png
It makes my heart melt!
2764.png
Wonderful story. That girl is a sweetheart!

Jerry, I use a metal treader. I love it. Keeps feed clean & dry, large bin, and no more squirrels or wild birds free loading. Even keeps my turkeys out. Chickens learned how to operate it quickly.

Jerry, I use a metal treader. I love it. Keeps feed clean & dry, large bin, and no more squirrels or wild birds free loading. Even keeps my turkeys out. Chickens learned how to operate it quickly.
Good to hear . The starlings eat a lot of chicken feed when the ground is snow covered . I hear these feeders keep mice from free loading also .

Ralphie watch these . I think there is a thread on BYC also .
I've seen those, and also wooden ones, which I think would be better for mn, as that metal would be too cold on their feet when it is below zero, however, I've always been leery of these, what if a chicken is standing on the side reaching in for a snack, and the chicken on the treandle jumps off?
ep.gif

I've seen those, and also wooden ones, which I think would be better for mn, as that metal would be too cold on their feet when it is below zero, however, I've always been leery of these, what if a chicken is standing on the side reaching in for a snack, and the chicken on the treandle jumps off?
ep.gif

I have wondered this same thing!!!

Ralphie, I have been in hibernation, cutting firewood, checking on the residents in Togo and etc. Sorry to say I have not been in Lost Wages recently. I have too many different coops with birds to entrust the work of feeding and watering to someone else. I may have to rearrange things over the coming Spring and Summer so the chores are more easily completed. Then I will still be left with the project of convincing the little woman that someone else can take care of her little poochies. She actually has them in place of having any grandchildren !!

Last edited:
Morning . Warmer today . Hey has anyone tried these treadle type chicken feeders . I see Northern Tool has one for about $40. Wooden but better price than the steel Grandpa's brand at $100. + I bet I could weld up a copy or make a wooden one out of hedge , locust or mulberry . Durability is what I am after .

I have a friend that uses them and loves them. She had a bit of a mice problem a few years back. I know she paid a pretty penny for them, but they did the trick.

Back
Top Bottom