Surviving Minnesota!

Happy New years..

Kind of a late sleeping bunch today.

Am I the only one that slept through the new years and behaved myself?

I am extremely worried about Erlibrd, she is not the first poster today. We know she stayed up way beyond her bed time and posted after 10:30 last night. I think my concern is warranted. She has not been up after 10:30 in 30 years! (mabe I x gad er rate)

If you made that out it proves you will recover from the hangover.

I'm here yes we stayed up too late, very very late for me 1;45 am
ep.gif
but I was just sipping my champaign so no hang over TG.

I got a catalog from premier1supplies in the mail yesterday . Poultry supplies . Lots of things in there that are new to me .

At our age even sliced bread can be new to us, We tend to forget what we knew yesterday....
lau.gif

I even got one of those rocks for Xmas that say "turn me over" on both sides, It keeps me busy for hours.

Jerry, I just went to the website some stuff I have never seen either. I am looking for feeders that waste less, I wonder if those spiral feeders waste a lot.

Last edited:
FYI to those with nipple waters, The other day I stepped outside and heard a weird clickety noise and realized it was a chickn trying to get a drink from the bucket so went and got the bucket to fill but it still had water in it. I never have had it empty when I go to change it. The opening in the lid for the cord of the heater to go through was frosted up and created a vapor lock so the water couldn't come out !

FYI to those with nipple waters, The other day I stepped outside and heard a weird clickety noise and realized it was a chickn trying to get a drink from the bucket so went and got the bucket to fill but it still had water in it. I never have had it empty when I go to change it. The opening in the lid for the cord of the heater to go through was frosted up and created a vapor lock so the water couldn't come out !
hmmmmm - interesting
idunno.gif

I got a catalog from premier1supplies in the mail yesterday . Poultry supplies . Lots of things in there that are new to me .

I even got one of those rocks for Xmas that say "turn me over" on both sides, It keeps me busy for hours.

Jerry, I just went to the website some stuff I have never seen either. I am looking for feeders that waste less, I wonder if those spiral feeders waste a lot.
lau.gif
Nice Rock to have so much entertainment value.

I've been told that the feeders from Strombergs are the best for feed wasting. this is from the guy that runs the pastured hens up by Duluth (Locally Laid Egg company) But I believe they are $$$$. His feed is mash type too. So easily wasted if the feeder is not right. http://www.strombergschickens.com/category/large-production-and-range

I think I would rather take some of that money and put it in the flippy lid thing that Jerry was looking at.
This is super valuable information Erli. Poor birdies. Glad you figured it out. My birds are plowing through the feed and water right now. I think its the difference in having producing hens and not.

I'm pretty sure I would've fell asleep during church if I had not had to help shovel and push the priest out of the approach
1f602.png

Back
Top Bottom