Surviving Minnesota!

Morning .
thumbsup.gif
You early bird!

I am in need of some suggestions. I want to add a dark egg layer to my flocks.

I have the cuckoo Maran's but I am selling them. I do not like the single comb or the egg once a week they give me.

Any ideas as to what I should get. I want it to be APA. I do not want a single comb everything I find is single comb. Then I need to find a good breeder somewhere to sell me some. (must be NPIP)

Thanks.

I am in need of some suggestions.  I want to add a dark egg layer to my flocks.

I have the cuckoo Maran's but I am selling them.  I do not like the single comb or the egg once a week they give me.

Any ideas as to what I should get. I want it to be APA.  I do not want a single comb everything I find is single comb. Then I need to find a good breeder somewhere to sell me some. (must be NPIP)

Thanks.

I do not think there are any breeds that lay dark brown eggs that aren't Marans and are APA accepted.

Last edited:
I am in need of some suggestions. I want to add a dark egg layer to my flocks.

I have the cuckoo Maran's but I am selling them. I do not like the single comb or the egg once a week they give me.

Any ideas as to what I should get. I want it to be APA. I do not want a single comb everything I find is single comb. Then I need to find a good breeder somewhere to sell me some. (must be NPIP)

Thanks.

Nothing other than single combs . Welsumer spelling may be off .

That's what I thought too. I guess I will go without dark eggs.

And if these cuckoo Marans are an example of Marans, I do not want any...Worthless free loaders!

Some Welsummers do lay dark eggs. But not like the BCMs do. And their eggs are speckled. From what I've heard the BCMs are very good layers but I could not tell you for sure

Back
Top Bottom