Surviving Minnesota!

Wow you guys are a chatty bunch. 111 posts since I was last on yesterday! whew!

Not too much going on here with us. I am disappointed to see that no one decided to win the retirement investment fund. Makes me wonder what kind of greedy Minnesota friends I have waiting until the Saturday draw.

I hope to take some pictures soon of the cattle to show you the ladies.

See ya all tomorrow.

Wow you guys are a chatty bunch.  111 posts since I was last on yesterday! whew!

Not too much going on here with us.  I am disappointed to see that no one decided to win the retirement investment fund.  Makes me wonder what kind of greedy Minnesota friends I have waiting until the Saturday draw.

I hope to take some pictures soon of the cattle to show you the ladies.  

See ya all tomorrow.

Did you hear they changed the rules to make it harder to win? That is why it is getting so high

Yes Rhetts we need pics!! Especially of the on you think is getting close a good full body pic would be great!!

@Cyrus83, you can't get rid of Lucky!

Question - I have a girl that passed away within 24hrs from showing symptoms of a respiratory illness. Unfortunately, what I had on hand at the time couldn't save her. I expect to see it in more of the girls sooner than later since that's how those things work. I have Tylan coming tomorrow and picked up VetRx. From reading respiratory issue threads, I've gathered 1/2cc - 1cc Tylan for standard x2 per day. Inject into the breast or orally down the hatch. The girls are around 10 months old. I also have a group of 3 month olds that I just introduced a week or so ago. Is Tylan safe for them? I'm assuming as long as I adjust dosage to size, all is well. Anyways, if anybody has any experience with respiratory issues and what to use, lay it on me.

Last edited:
Minnesotanice I hope you get a handle on the cold/flu or whatever the birds have.

You people are going to think I am nuts. BUT I think I found another rooster in my Creamettes. Again a younger one. The ones I am finding are my younger ones, and they are not pure breeds either. I think that hen that got free, most have really liked Ole.

The other thing is Ole eggs seemed to have hatched at a higher rate than my CLB's. Of course, my CLB eggs did not have a high rate of success. I put it down to my inexperience or incubator problems. I am now thinking the CLB eggs were just not that fertile. My other eggs hatched at a higher rate than the CLB's did. The only good thing about finding these CLB imposters is they will not get a chance to breed and ruin my purebred ones if a mutt like a CLB can be a purebred.

I had one hen I threw out of the Creamette coop too, She just did not look good enough to me to keep her eggs.

I am glad we have one more day before the deep freeze starts. I need to try and get Bert's gals new coop done and moved into place today.

After that I am going to get back to the honey do list and work on incubators. I need to get the "new" 1202 fired up and stabilized. I might have run a test batch through it.

Anyone have a birds eggs they need hatched? I could become a real hatching addict, I enjoy it so much.

Minnesotanice I hope you get a handle on the cold/flu or whatever the birds have.

You people are going to think I am nuts. BUT I think I found another rooster in my Creamettes. Again a younger one.   The ones I am finding are my younger ones, and they are not pure breeds either.  I think that hen that got free, most have really liked Ole.

The other thing is Ole eggs seemed to have hatched at a higher rate than my CLB's. Of course, my CLB eggs did not have a high rate of success. I put it down to my inexperience or incubator problems. I am now thinking the CLB eggs were just not that fertile.  My other eggs hatched at a higher rate than the CLB's did. The only good thing about finding these CLB imposters is they will not get a chance to breed and ruin my purebred ones if a mutt like a CLB can be a purebred.

I had one hen I threw out of the Creamette coop too, She just did not look good enough to me to keep her eggs.

I am glad we have one more day before the deep freeze starts. I need to try and get Bert's gals new coop done and moved into place today. 

After that I am going to get back to the honey do list and work on incubators. I need to get the "new" 1202 fired up and stabilized. I might have run a test batch through it. 

Anyone have a birds eggs they need hatched?    I could become a real hatching addict, I enjoy it so much.

So did you ever end up setting those creamer eggs or are you still collecting

Back
Top Bottom