Surviving Minnesota!

Just thought I'd share a photo from yesterday morning. That moment when you're in the middle of a field with 7000 other campers trying to leave at the same time ...while in the eye of a storm. Yikes!View attachment 1040446

That is great picture of a wall cloud, I call that type a rolling wall cloud, my name not an official type of wall cloud. You say you were in the "eye" , had the storm hit and lulled?

Or was the temp dropping fast and the winds getting strong when you snapped that?

hello everyone! Meet our newest flock member...hatched last evening. I heard the pipping when I closed them up for the night. I think she abandoned the other 3 eggs already because she took our little chick outside into the run this morning!! Holy smokes its little!! She is a VERY protective momma...when all the the others went into the run to see the new member she raised up her hackles and looked VERY ominous! Oh and BTW this is my Wyandotte that failed to produce a rose comb....hers is a normal one like the barred rocks??
061217_1.JPG
061217_2.JPG
061217_3.JPG

Just heard from jerry. He's dealing with BYC notifications and so spammed everything. Digging dirt clay tomorrow. Exciting for him!!
Let him know they will freeze his account if he sends them to spam...that's what they did to me! I am still getting them too!! it's aggravating!!

That is great picture of a wall cloud, I call that type a rolling wall cloud, my name not an official type of wall cloud. You say you were in the "eye" , had the storm hit and lulled?

Or was the temp dropping fast and the winds getting strong when you snapped that?

Clearly you are more educated than I on this subject! Just after snapped straight line winds, debris flying, porta potties tipping over, trees bending and rain. All of that followed by hail. Whatever that indicates lol

hello everyone! Meet our newest flock member...hatched last evening. I heard the pipping when I closed them up for the night. I think she abandoned the other 3 eggs already because she took our little chick outside into the run this morning!! Holy smokes its little!! She is a VERY protective momma...when all the the others went into the run to see the new member she raised up her hackles and looked VERY ominous! Oh and BTW this is my Wyandotte that failed to produce a rose comb....hers is a normal one like the barred rocks??
View attachment 1040612 View attachment 1040613 View attachment 1040614

Let him know they will freeze his account if he sends them to spam...that's what they did to me! I am still getting them too!! it's aggravating!!

Siggie: These Broody/Chick photos are amazing. I love them. My Wyandotte has a single comb as well. Jerry said that rose comb Wyandottes are actually hard trait to set? So hatcheries keep working on it but chicks will sometimes hatch with single combs. She is a lovely Gold laced Wyandotte. She's a bucket list bird for me. At some point in time I will have one. I've got the Silver (although her feathering is very odd for SLW) and I have the bLRW. Love her. Laying eggs like a Pullet at 3 years old. Big as a house too.... crazy bird.

MNChickMom, Congrats on nephew and sorry about the loss of birds. Hope you get that bloody poop under control with the corid. I hate chicken problems.

Found Sylvia in the coop sitting in between poop piles on the coop floor. Tidied things up a bit for her and offered her a couple of treats. She's staying away from the roo...healing.,..but a life in the coop is not much of a life for a chicken here at our place. Here in July the pecking order will have an adjustment with introducing new littles and reducing some old hens. She will stay if she is healed and not having troubles. IDK...I'll fight for this old gal. The others can go...but I fight for sylvie.

Kids got their permits by passing that written test. Two 15 year olds fighting for the right to drive my car. Arg....I like driving myself...tBH. Little bit selfish of me I know.

Back
Top Bottom