Surviving Minnesota!

IMG_1245.PNG

TFred this is under a covered run in the middle of winter. More leg room and less bickering between the hens.

Emkawa. I'm so excited for you. She picked two excellent flowers there for your birds. The coneflower and yarrow are actually good for them! Not to mention beautiful with a new egg!

Morning all, I have been looking for a couple goats to eat back all the underbrush and poison Ivy I have that protects the predators as they sneak up on my birds.

Are they really as expensive as they seem to be on CL?

I just want a cheap mower and not a gold plated anti gravity all hydraulic lawn tractor!

How large is this run BC? :oops: Whats DLM stand for?
my run is 10x 12. I think it works for me because it's covered honestly. And the chickens are only using during snow months. It gets a little wet in there on long rainy days but then dries fairly quick. I'm not sure if it decomposes like it should or as fast. But the ground under neath is black dirt.

Ralphie, in the spring as the kids are born it is often possible to get wethers for a very reasonable price, but you are beyond that time frame now. One of the things which has impacted goat prices is the increase in ethnic populations which commonly consume goat meat. Once the wethers get some size to them they are in demand for that.
I would guess that if you were to make a listing searching for wethers and emphasizing that they would be well cared for and not sold for consumption that some soft hearted goat keeper might surface that would make a good deal for you ?

Back
Top Bottom