Surviving Minnesota!

It is a smooth surface, other than the little bumps...

The bumps are right on the top edge, very very small. I did not see them until was polishing the comb.

I just got my entry ready for tomorrows mail. 34 birds 19 girls and 15 boys. The girls will be easy to haul, they never fight in small cages. The boys will be a pain. They live to fight in cages.

It is a smooth surface, other than the little bumps...

The bumps are right on the top edge, very very small. I did not see them until was polishing the comb.

I just got my entry ready for tomorrows mail. 34 birds 19 girls and 15 boys. The girls will be easy to haul, they never fight in small cages. The boys will be a pain. They live to fight in cages.
Sweet, good luck...

1044.jpeg
Ralph....you could always consider hauling your roosters like This! Notice they are even head to tail. I can just see the show folks watching you unwrapping your chicken burritos.

DSCN0733.JPG
DSCN0733.JPG
DSCN0734.JPG
Answer me this Ralphie . What caused this cuckoo hen to change into this type of mottled . She was starting to molt when I left in early in September and showed a few white feathers . I come back to this . I do not know the answer to your comb mystery . My question on the cushion comb is why are they normally so smooth when rose and pea are involved ?

Jerry. What breed is she? She acts as if she spent a few months living near Foley the way she is trying to push through the far corner :lau:lau:lau:lau...

I think it might be a lack or excess melanin... If I read the following correctly in addition to the genes the pigment can be control by melanin. Did you keep her locked in a dark closet all summer? :lau:lau:lau:lau:lau:lau:lau

Color inhibition: white, mottled/pied and sexlinked barring ...
witgoudpatrijs.JPG
Absence of all pigment delivers a white color. Dominant white (Inhibitor I) inhibits mainly black pigment, rendering the pattern white.
wituitgebreid.JPG
Recessive white (Colorless c) inhibits both pigmentkinds, but could leak red. Mottled (mo) is a temporary/local inhibition of both pigments, especially at the feathertip. Sometimes larger areas get white. This inhibition, maybe by building up melanin, is followed often by extreme melanin deposits leading to a black band surrounding the white tip

Jerry. What breed is she? She acts as if she spent a few months living near Foley the way she is trying to push through the far corner :lau:lau:lau:lau...

I think it might be a lack or excess melanin... If I read the following correctly in addition to the genes the pigment can be control by melanin. Did you keep her locked in a dark closet all summer? :lau:lau:lau:lau:lau:lau:lau

Color inhibition: white, mottled/pied and sexlinked barring ...

witgoudpatrijs.JPG
Absence of all pigment delivers a white color. Dominant white (Inhibitor I) inhibits mainly black pigment, rendering the pattern whi
wituitgebreid.JPG
Recessive white (Colorless c) inhibits both pigmentkinds, but could leak red. Mottled (mo) is a temporary/local inhibition of both pigments, especially at the feathertip. Sometimes larger areas get white. This inhibition, maybe by building up melanin, is followed often by extreme melanin deposits leading to a black band surrounding the white tip

She is Ameraucana . She was stressed from catching . Not enough cuddling . I have seen this happen on a bantam Ameraucana . A black hen carrying lavender but that was only a few feathers .

Back
Top Bottom