Surviving Minnesota!

I forgot to mention I got a dozen eggs yesterday!

I put the egg eating rooster back in with the Dom hens over night. The hens were not pleased with this move.

I caught the Buckeye doing his thing yesterday. It appears he likes the larger ladies. He is going to be moving to another cage today. He is an egg eater too. Darn Used Cat Salesman got me again with another second class animal.

The SS are not laying eggs in their new coop area. They are also not happy birds. They have not been outside in the 10 days or so they have been in the new area. They have a door to a covered run, but refuse to go out.

The January 5th hatch is coming along nicely. The dark legged PC's legs have turned a nice dusky yellow. He is extremely dark, I think he could be the one to beat that unnamed person from SW Wisconsin that dominates the PC class at Hutch. I have two cockerels from the hatch and both look good, I have one pullet but she has the orangish yellow hackles the judges hate.

EE1BD3CE-9069-4ACD-956C-40E8C42F071E.jpeg
2E5B83FB-19D3-4E87-9EB7-8050594BA5C3.jpeg

Good morning. The sunrises are just amazing. I put out some unappreciative models today.

Holms I hope your tough times are fleeting.

Attachments

• 6F52BDD2-1626-4A8D-A099-D0A292BAC40C.jpeg
    6F52BDD2-1626-4A8D-A099-D0A292BAC40C.jpeg
    510.3 KB · Views: 2
Good morning. Yesterday was just a crappy and discouraging day. Our favorite cow aborted her calf about 3 weeks before they should start.... This morning she was still by her dead calf.. My Grandpa hauled the calf up to the garage and she went into the corral... We are going to skim the calf out and put it on a 2 day old Dairy calf my friend has in hopes that she takes it... After our family issues last week this was the last thing we needed to happen but it is what it is..

Ok some info on the stem cells . If you are going to do this find a Ortho doctor that does it . They can harvest cells from your fat . I had cord blood from donor at a chiropractic office . Done by a nurse practitioner . So I found out this is a frozen product . Freezing kills some cells . So I think more live cells = better results . I believe I have gained all I am going to at this point . 12 weeks . More later .

On a better note one of my Buckeye pullets (I think she may be the best Buckeye Pullet I’ve ever hatched) started laying yestserday... I am debating breeding her to the Toad... I don’t know... I have two Toad 2.0 eggs in the incubator right now... I could really use about 20 more lol... I also have some Orpington eggs that are developing! Cross your fingers I get a good Cockerel!

Should be interesting to see how these EEs look this year... There is Buckeye and EE Cockerels our there and they all breed like crazy... Should be some pretty babies...

B6B11D33-6057-4804-9754-1364D2ECC598.jpeg

Ok some info on the stem cells . If you are going to do this find a Ortho doctor that does it . They can harvest cells from your fat . I had cord blood from donor at a chiropractic office . Done by a nurse practitioner . So I found out this is a frozen product . Freezing kills some cells . So I think more live cells = better results . I believe I have gained all I am going to at this point . 12 weeks . More later .

Based on this I have 2,371,486,109,432,629,003 stem cells available.

On a better note one of my Buckeye pullets (I think she may be the best Buckeye Pullet I’ve ever hatched) started laying yestserday... I am debating breeding her to the Toad... I don’t know... I have two Toad 2.0 eggs in the incubator right now... I could really use about 20 more lol... I also have some Orpington eggs that are developing! Cross your fingers I get a good Cockerel!

You should breed her, I have a long list of people wanting toads and toad eggs. We should pool our Toad eggs (with Mnchickmom) and see if we can get toads to some of them wanting them.

I got my first "good" toad 2.0 egg yesterday. The father is headed to the Monastery for a week. I cannot handle his egg eating habits.

My last Toad hatch stunk! I set 8 eggs but only 2 made it to love cloud down, they both hatched. Then we (my husband) looked at the time period they were collected and sure enough it was the colder than Haydes days....so we continue with only 5 little Hoover’s.

Back
Top Bottom