Surviving Minnesota!

Yes I am mnchickmoms better half also the facility manager and in charge of new construction of the hatchery coop and what ever others projects she comes up with. I have been following for a while had to get my own account because someone got tired of me asking what’s happening on BackyardChickens. So now I introduced myself I’ll have to post more often.
Just make sure you never let her know online what cool stuff I have here....that you can take home for free.

@holm25
This is for you. . .
KIMG0107.JPG
KIMG0108.JPG
KIMG0113.JPG
KIMG0116.JPG

Registered bull my hubbys boss just brought home the other day :eek:
Look at the size of that monster!

Ok so I had to glove up today and check the cow today because she had a smell to her and sure as heck she has an RP. So I worked on it a little with no luck so I gave a dose of penicillin in hopes to help loosen it up a little... I will try again tomorrow and if that doesn’t work we will get a uterine bolus to help loosen it up more... The bolus also helps prevent any infection and will shrink the uterus down again...

Ok so I had to glove up today and check the cow today because she had a smell to her and sure as heck she has an RP. So I worked on it a little with no luck so I gave a dose of penicillin in hopes to help loosen it up a little... I will try again tomorrow and if that doesn’t work we will get a uterine bolus to help loosen it up more... The bolus also helps prevent any infection and will shrink the uterus down again...
Stinks, sorry. :hugs No pun intended.

Wonder what his calf weight EPD is ? Could be calving difficulties in the making there ?
Hubby says his calves birth weight have been 90 to 100 lbs. Some a bit more. :idunno

Should make for some darn nice heifers! How old is he? He’s got nuts, guts and it looks like he’s got butt which is good! If those feet keep with that weight he is the perfect herd bull.
He is supposed to be 5 years old. The previous owner raised him as a bottle baby and didn't want to see him slaughtered but needed to change to another registered blood line so they asked hubbys boss to take him. He's a big baby! His name is Winston :)
Lol.

Back
Top Bottom