Surviving Minnesota!

So was perusing craigs list hoping for some low price birdies... found a woman giving away 9 hens and 2 roos. When I asked to see them to make sure they weren't bantam they were "gone" :he serves me right I guess. In other news I lost 4 to predators so I'm down to 9 dotty the sussex thought she was smart and got out. Boom neighbor dog... the others I am guessing masked bandit from the scat I found. If i was driving the truck the night he crossed the road i woulda sped up and swerved a bit to hit him. Sadly good ol truck is needing a new starter I figure I'm still doing good for having a 04 Ford with 250k miles on it.

SS, stupid Sussex. I have 4 more SS if you'd like. Sorry for your losses.

This cracked me up! We have not used the fireplace yet, we don't have a furnace, so it does feel like this:lau
FB_IMG_1537592254908.jpg

Good evening all and Happy Fall!

It's been a busy couple of weeks in our little part of the world. Last weekend we had two birthday parties for DD who turns 9 today. Then I was gone for much of last week at a conference in Omaha. Otherwise work has been good and busy.

This weekend DW is working nights. DD is giving me fits today just generally being an ungrateful 9 y/o. The day was fine until I had the audacity to say that it was time for the new neighbor girl to go home. She'd been here for 4 hours, which was fine, but it was time for us to get a few things done here. All heck broke loose. I wasn't especially mad until DD started yelling me that her world was ruined because I made her friend go home for no reason and she can't watch TV or have electronics because she had taken a tablet without permission. So I sent her to her room until she could talk without screaming. She stayed there for two hours because she hated us....anyway, frustrating day. I do not look forward to a teen daughter. (No offense, Layers.)

Anyway the young cockerel looks like a keeper, though I wish he was a little wider across the back. The hens are done molting and finally laying again. The rooster looks like hell, but that's how it goes. Pullets still not laying...O expected they would be by now. Maybe I transitioned them to layer feed too soon. They're 23 weeks.

Just another day in paradise, I guess.

Good evening all and Happy Fall!

It's been a busy couple of weeks in our little part of the world. Last weekend we had two birthday parties for DD who turns 9 today. Then I was gone for much of last week at a conference in Omaha. Otherwise work has been good and busy.

This weekend DW is working nights. DD is giving me fits today just generally being an ungrateful 9 y/o. The day was fine until I had the audacity to say that it was time for the new neighbor girl to go home. She'd been here for 4 hours, which was fine, but it was time for us to get a few things done here. All heck broke loose. I wasn't especially mad until DD started yelling me that her world was ruined because I made her friend go home for no reason and she can't watch TV or have electronics because she had taken a tablet without permission. So I sent her to her room until she could talk without screaming. She stayed there for two hours because she hated us....anyway, frustrating day. I do not look forward to a teen daughter. (No offense, Layers.)

Anyway the young cockerel looks like a keeper, though I wish he was a little wider across the back. The hens are done molting and finally laying again. The rooster looks like hell, but that's how it goes. Pullets still not laying...O expected they would be by now. Maybe I transitioned them to layer feed too soon. They're 23 weeks.

Just another day in paradise, I guess.
My parents have 4 girls, no boys, us older three are each 2 years apart and the youngest is I think 3 years younger then me. They were told the teen years would be the worst but they both said they they are way better than when we were younger. Sounds like you are raising her the right way right now so I bet she will turn out good.

Duck opener today. Only was out for a short while but got two Blue Wing Teal and two mallard hens.

View attachment 1541537 View attachment 1541538 View attachment 1541537 View attachment 1541538
Duck hunting is on my bucket list! Along with goose sounds like fun

If anyone is interested I will have some LF Cochins for sale this fall that I can bring to the shows in Hutchinson MN at the end of October, and Knoxville at the beginning of December or I can sell locally. There are 2-3 Cockerels, and possibly one pullet. I will also have one pet quality black pullet, she is very friendly but no one out here is interested....

If anyone is interested I will have some LF Cochins for sale this fall that I can bring to the shows in Hutchinson MN at the end of October, and Knoxville at the beginning of December or I can sell locally. There are 2-3 Cockerels, and possibly one pullet. I will also have one pet quality black pullet, she is very friendly but no one out here is interested....
I’ll tske the pet quality. Text me a price and I’ll get her at Hutch?

Back
Top Bottom