Surviving Minnesota!

That was always something that bothered me when I lived in Montana was seeing calving done in February. I asked Dad about it and he said he just preferred dealing with any troubles and seeing calving in warmer temps.

Saw some weather forecast for -50 on Thursday night... Bikini weather for Banty I know. But what the heck?! P-u.

Here’s my model this morning. Poor thing. I was on the dropping list for this one I’m sure. Sunny Two is from Minnie. She’s very pretty.

5BCCFCE2-CDB6-433A-9351-3FEE6079F0A4.jpeg

DAD73C26-97A1-4FAB-8EAD-B175E584A1BE.jpeg

That was always something that bothered me when I lived in Montana was seeing calving done in February. I asked Dad about it and he said he just preferred dealing with any troubles and seeing calving in warmer temps.

Saw some weather forecast for -50 on Thursday night... Bikini weather for Banty I know. But what the heck?! P-u.

Here’s my model this morning. Poor thing. I was on the dropping list for this one I’m sure. Sunny Two is from Minnie. She’s very pretty.

View attachment 1651028

View attachment 1651029

I use to calf and lamb in January/February because the cold did less damage than the moisture did in March/April. I also got extra weight on them by the time it greened up they were ready to graze.

But it is one of those to each his own on them.

View attachment 1651028

View attachment 1651029
I saw the -35 wind chill advisory . We have one for -25 tomorrow . Saw feral cat tracks in the fresh snow . At least 2 maybe 3 . One has a extra toe .

Back
Top Bottom