Surviving Minnesota!

IMG_20190329_071806_353.jpg
Here is the dark chick

The oldest two chicks feet are looking really good which is awesome!
20190328_185419.jpg

20190328_185347.jpg

@duluthralphie, and anyone who wants to chime in...

I have meaties scheduled to arrive this coming Wednesday. I bought Nutrina 22% crumble for them, but I want them to grow a bit slower like you’ve been doing with yours, so maybe that was wrong. They’re “Color Yield,” which is, as far as I can guess, a modified Red Ranger that matures a week ahead of the “old style” Ranger. I’m thinking about getting a bag of regular chick crumbles and mixing 50:50 with the high octane.

Does that sound right, more or less? Or do you just give them regular starter from the beginning?

@duluthralphie, and anyone who wants to chime in...

I have meaties scheduled to arrive this coming Wednesday. I bought Nutrina 22% crumble for them, but I want them to grow a bit slower like you’ve been doing with yours, so maybe that was wrong. They’re “Color Yield,” which is, as far as I can guess, a modified Red Ranger that matures a week ahead of the “old style” Ranger. I’m thinking about getting a bag of regular chick crumbles and mixing 50:50 with the high octane.

Does that sound right, more or less? Or do you just give them regular starter from the beginning?
Whatever you do, do not mix a medicated feed with a non medicated feed. The medicated feed is at the proper concentration of medication and mixing it with a non medicated feed makes it so that the medication is below the required levels making it ineffective. It can also lead to the possibility of developing medication resistant strains.

Back
Top Bottom