Surviving Minnesota!

Hey there, N. Dakotan here!

I've been on this site for awhile now but finally decided to give up on the ND thread and jump into this one.

We have a flock full of brahmas but are going to start transitioning to Columbian Wyandottes and Buff Orpingtons. We have eggs in the incubator and in the mail, hoping for a good hatch with both.

We also have 4 turkeys (2 royal palms, a blue slate, and a bourbon red), a llama, and two horses.

:frow

Welcome to our thread... as long as there are no Dux, everyone is welcome here!

Welcome ND! W SD here. :frow East, west or center?

@duluthralphie , here are some of my new babies. :gig

5F5B454E-4763-4494-A7F5-BBA5DA9FD7AA.jpeg

Oh gosh the baby ‘turkeys’ are cute but boy you need water puddles year round and then their poop is something to deal with.... just saying...

I ran home after work. Speeded because a big yellow warm thing was in the sky and I thought my 7 little girls might like it for the first time in 5 1/2 maybe 6 months. I was right. They were in their glory. So much they liked it that they didn’t even go to bed until just 1/2 hour ago. Usually they are roosted like for hours. I will say that Patsy Kline and Sunny Two got turned around in a bad patch of snow. But with a little herding I got them on the grass path within the snow area and off they went to the coop. They belong free ranging. Winter is not a season for chickens.

I just saw klopklop is going to be a Dad here in June. Anybody heard much from Cluckies?

Welcome Tuhmu. We take any good neighbors here. I have 4 Ameraucanas, a Welsummer, New Hampshire and a barred Rock. I’m in the lake country of north central MN.

DD came home from school and. Jake was puffed out courting two hen turkeys in front of my coop. Sort of neat.

Sort of because they are lousy and probably mite bitten son of a guns near my set up.
Love nature. To an extent. :confused:
The hen that stays around here has nice, bright feathers and looks very healthy. Of course, she eats high quality feed here. Lol No other turkeys in the immediate area, so she seems to have adopted us. She's been the town mascot for a couple years. Everyone comes into the post office and asks after her.

Weather dorks have it in for us this year.. they are claiming 15 inches of snow over next 2 days.. I might sue them over this.
For once I'm glad I'm much farther north. You can keep it. :lau

Back
Top Bottom