Surviving Minnesota!

I have no idea but it sounds like you know what you're doing so just follow your instincts. :)
:lau I really don’t at all, but thanks anyhow. :p One day I will, perhaps.

Now I have a little poult limping and shivering so I put it (her?) in with the gimpy chicken. I just looked in on them and she was leaning on him. She’s dragging her left foot. I think they like each other.

I had a couple eggs LF Black cochin eggs due to hatch yesterday. I had a track meet that I had to leave the house at 6:15 for and my alarm didn't go off and I woke up at 6:105 so I didn't have a lot of time so I just quickly glanced in the incubator and see that one chick had hatched, I noticed it had a very yellow head but I just said whatever and kept on going. A couple minutes later I passed by again this time I open up the incubator and pick the chick up, here it is all yellow with a stripe down the back and no feathers on its legs:confused:. I have a couple guesses how it happened but I find it very hard to believe that they would have happend, my first guess is one of the layer roosters bred a BC hen but the chick has no signs of being part Cochin. My second guess is that it is a layer egg, which I also find hard to believe because I have never mixed them up before. Either way so far it is the only one hatched so now I need to find someone to take a lone chick...

More snow here too, when I was at home and driving into town yesterday morning it rained good all the way there. Once we got to Dickinson they had a couple inches

Snapchat-1663631448.jpg

After about 2 months of trying to track down some decent ducks, I have succeeded! They should be old enough for Hutch.View attachment 1755463
SO cute!!!

I just ordered 8 dux eggs. :ya

DH will not be pleased... it was a moment of weakness. He is not here to save me from myself. Is on his way to Mayo in Rochester for checkup... selfish man. Where is he when I need him?
I am so excited! :weeI bought an incubator and hatched actual chicks. I love them; they’re so cute. Even better than shipped ones. I can’t wait to hatch dear little Welsh Harlequin duckies. If I get a 25% hatch rate like I did with the chicks, that’s only 2 dux. That is what I’m gonna tell him when the eggs somehow magically show up in the incubator. I have to use it anyway, don’t I? How else will I learn? Right? I am not addicted. I can stop whenever I want to... :oops:

Back
Top Bottom