Surviving Minnesota!

SO cute!!!

I just ordered 8 dux eggs. :ya

DH will not be pleased... it was a moment of weakness. He is not here to save me from myself. Is on his way to Mayo in Rochester for checkup... selfish man. Where is he when I need him?
I am so excited! :weeI bought an incubator and hatched actual chicks. I love them; they’re so cute. Even better than shipped ones. I can’t wait to hatch dear little Welsh Harlequin duckies. If I get a 25% hatch rate like I did with the chicks, that’s only 2 dux. That is what I’m gonna tell him when the eggs somehow magically show up in the incubator. I have to use it anyway, don’t I? How else will I learn? Right? I am not addicted. I can stop whenever I want to... :oops:
:lau:gig:lau

SO cute!!!

I just ordered 8 dux eggs. :ya

DH will not be pleased... it was a moment of weakness. He is not here to save me from myself. Is on his way to Mayo in Rochester for checkup... selfish man. Where is he when I need him?
I am so excited! :weeI bought an incubator and hatched actual chicks. I love them; they’re so cute. Even better than shipped ones. I can’t wait to hatch dear little Welsh Harlequin duckies. If I get a 25% hatch rate like I did with the chicks, that’s only 2 dux. That is what I’m gonna tell him when the eggs somehow magically show up in the incubator. I have to use it anyway, don’t I? How else will I learn? Right? I am not addicted. I can stop whenever I want to... :oops:

You did not need to order dux eggs!

All you need to do is order chicken eggs from someone I formally trusted to be honest.......and find out they are dux eggs at around day 12...

You did not need to order dux eggs!

All you need to do is order chicken eggs from someone I formally trusted to be honest.......and find out they are dux eggs at around day 12...

:lau:lau:lau Oh dear! I would not think anyone would dare do that to you! I hope they turn out to be very lovable. Can’t wait to see the pics! :pop

Morning . Rainy day here . Rain chance every day through Thursday . Patiently waiting for frost free time . Tomatoes and bell pepper plants .
DSCN0902.JPG

Morning! We made it home last night. It started snowing and blowing about an hour from home and this morning it's quite sloppy out. Hurray? :hit

Dolly did not follow instructions and stay out of the hatcher while I was gone, so my hatch this far is pitiful. The humidity when I got home last night was down to 29 and the ones that hatched last night had sticky shells and membranes still attached. I cranked up the humidity and crossed my fingers, but I'm not optimistic. I'll candle and call it tonight. 8 silkies and two of my mixes made it so far.

Weather this week looks depressing. Guess I can finally clean the house.:hmm

Up most of the night checking on the poor meaties in the chicken tractor. :( This is definitely not intended as a winter shelter. But then it’s actually not supposed to BE winter, is it? :rant:rant:rant Wind is blowing like crazy, tarps clamped to front and back, lots of big rocks on the bottom edges ‘cause only 4-5 big rocks didn’t hold. Going to town to get anchors to make sure the whole thing doesn’t blow over tonight, when it’s supposed to be worse. :barnie

Back
Top Bottom