Surviving Minnesota!

30 x 40 shed here filled with extra deer stands because you can't have enough of those and fish houses because you can't have enough of those. Planks of plywood because you can't have enough of those.

Ugh, ugh, ugh.

I am thinking we need a meeting of the husbands of the women on here. They sound like my kind of people.. BTW I have 2 sheds both are around 40x80 filled with good finds! I do not have any junk in mine.
2! Wow that's a lot of stuff.
Just one 40 x90 here and that's enough- unless it was all mine for garden stuff and livestock!

I bought my place that had a double garage, barn and quonset full of garbage and junk and crap and yard. STILL cleaning it out. Had one of those big dumpsters that a huge truck brings in and drops off. Filled it in no time. I need another but have to budget it in.

No calf yet

30 x 40 shed here filled with extra deer stands because you can't have enough of those and fish houses because you can't have enough of those. Planks of plywood because you can't have enough of those.

Your husband is so lucky! So many women do not understand the need for these items. Mine does not. I am working on her, but if I am to ne honest, I have to say we have "discussed" the treasures in the sheds.

I went to Menards to get some supplies I needed. I normally take the truck to get the stuff. BUT I thought if I took the van with the trailer, I could back it into the shed and she would never see it until it had been here a month or two so I could say " Oh, I have had that a long time"....

The stuff I put on the trailer included"

40 sheets of 1/2 OSB (chipboard)
5 sheets of 3/4 OSB
40 2x3
20 2x4's
10 green treated 2x4s
I also got some screws, washers , bungee cords and I decided I needed 4 new tie down straps, One can never have enough of them.
I got this all Friday afternoon while she was at work, backed it into the shed. She never goes in my sheds so I knew I was safe...

Yesterday she wanted to go to Elk RIver for some things and I needed a few items too, so we took the van, Me driving..

I had gotten a bag of bridge mix at Menards I keep it in the console of the van.. Judy got in the passenger seat and off we went..

She opened to console, knowing I would have something to suck on in there. She found the full package of bridge mix and asked when I got it. I think she thought she would find the old package of hard mints. She picked them up and said "when did you get these?"

Knowing I had not been anywhere in a while...... She is a tricky one!

She reached down and says. "Really" picking up the darn Menards receipt and loading bill, I had left on her seat!...then said" It says here you got them yesterday, and what is all this other stuff you got?" Did you really need to spend $500 on junk"

I was busted, I could have just driven the truck!

I did try and explain it was not junk, nut was supplies, but I think her mind was made up... She said something about not knowing I went to town..... ( that was the whole point of going when she was at work..) Duh...

Morning all! Been busy this AM already. Just got caught up. Will show you what we were up to after I get home from church
smile.png

Can't wait to hear what you did or are doing now. It is always an adventure!

I bought my place that had a double garage, barn and quonset full of garbage and junk and crap and yard. STILL cleaning it out. Had one of those big dumpsters that a huge truck brings in and drops off. Filled it in no time. I need another but have to budget it in.

No calf yet

I want a calf!!!!

We got rid of 7 dumpsters full of junk from my parents when we bought this place. My Dad had stuff everywhere, SO I just tell Judy look at all the improvements we have done..

Can't wait to hear what you did or are doing now. It is always an adventure!

Hate to disappoint but you will have to wait. Our toilet spring a leak this morning and are headed to menards for parts or a replacement, whichever is cheaper.

I would tell you now but it will be better with pictures and they are on DWs camera at home.

Your husband is so lucky!  So many women do not understand the need for these items. Mine does not. I am working on her, but if I am to ne honest, I have to say we have "discussed" the treasures in the sheds.

I went to Menards to get some supplies I needed. I normally take the truck to get the stuff. BUT I thought if I took the van with the trailer, I could back it into the shed and she would never see it until it had been here a month or two so I could say " Oh, I have had that a long time"....

The stuff I put on the trailer included"

40 sheets of 1/2 OSB  (chipboard)
5 sheets of 3/4 OSB
40 2x3
20 2x4's
10 green treated 2x4s
I also got some screws, washers , bungee cords and I decided I needed 4 new tie down straps, One can never have enough of them.
I got this all Friday afternoon while she was at work, backed it into the shed. She never goes in my sheds so I knew I was safe...

Yesterday  she wanted to go to Elk RIver  for some things and I needed a few items too, so we took the van, Me driving..

I had gotten a bag of bridge mix at Menards I keep it in the console of the van.. Judy got in the passenger seat and off we went..

She opened to console, knowing I would have something to suck on in there. She found the full package of bridge mix and asked when I got it.  I think she thought she would find the old package of hard mints. She picked them up and said "when did you get these?" 

Knowing I had not been anywhere in a while...... She is a tricky one!

She reached down and says. "Really" picking up the darn Menards receipt and loading bill, I had left on her seat!...then said" It says here you got them yesterday, and what is all this other stuff you got?"  Did you really need to spend $500 on junk"

I was busted, I could have just driven the truck!

I did try and explain it was not junk, nut was supplies, but I think her mind was made up... She said something about not knowing I went to town..... ( that was the whole point of going when she was at work..) Duh...

Rookie mistake, ralphie! You can't just leave receipts laying around!

Quote: I'm beginning to see a pattern here with the DH's, I'll go into my husband shop area, which is the 3rd stall of the garage, and i see all kinds of "stuff that's been here awhile" even though it looks un familiar to me... But then much of that mans stuff looks the same so i have a hard time knowing if it is the same or not. I'll say, ."don't you already have some of these?" He'll say, "no they are different" hmmmm
hu.gif

had to get on the laptop to correct hundreds of typos from my phone! arghhh

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom