Surviving Minnesota!

I have never used one, but I know some people make a little "cave" with them and the chicks go into the cave and onto the roof.. I think that is the kind you got...

I think I have all the creambars next weekend and maybe the weekend after already sold. BUT I am giving them away according to the prices online,,WOW...

Was it Blooie? that made the 'momma broody cave ' ? Wyoming thread?

I still remember those farm accidents for kitties from when I was young and it left horrible memories that's for sure. Those cats are looking so beautiful and healthy. You're going to have a nice rodent free barnyard. Kind of jealous... Although I will say I haven't seen much in the line of rodents or signs of them since I've had the buckeye. Maybe I should keep her around despite her lack of eggs.

I still remember those farm accidents for kitties from when I was young and it left horrible memories that's for sure. Those cats are looking so beautiful and healthy. You're going to have a nice rodent free barnyard. Kind of jealous... Although I will say I haven't seen much in the line of rodents or signs of them since I've had the buckeye. Maybe I should keep her around despite her lack of eggs.

I've seen my RIRs and BAs run down mice and fight over them, so other breeds do it too

I'm beginning to see a pattern here with the DH's, I'll go into my husband shop area, which is the 3rd stall of the garage, and i see all kinds of "stuff that's been here awhile" even though it looks un familiar to me... But then much of that mans stuff looks the same so i have a hard time knowing if it is the same or not. I'll say, ."don't you already have some of these?" He'll say, "no they are different" hmmmm
hu.gif

had to get on the laptop to correct hundreds of typos from my phone! arghhh

I thought it was the women that were connivers. I am so gullible! And naive!

Great looking Chicks, Ralphie!!

111 posts! At least, I was able to scan them. I see coffee got some new chicks to curb the jones. Very cute.
Great pictures from Holms again. Klop too.

My chickens got to play in the dirt next to the house today. They haven't really came out much since the two nice nordeasters froze everything. But I have been getting eggs.

Ralphie? A pro like you busted? You are getting way to overconfident. You gotta watch that.

Do u all know what is really nasty. After all this mouse talk I thought back to last spring with my broody Cochin bantam and her clutch. She found a mouse of pink naked little mice and killed them a shredded them for her babies!!

Oh Coffee, lol you are hopelessly addicted!
wee.gif
But they are soooo cute!

Erli, yes, blooies thead mama heating pad in the brooder

Coffee if you would like to try the heating pad set up like in that thread, let me know, I have a couple of those heating pads, unused, you are welcome to have one cheap. I ordered them online. I could drop it at your home, I go right through Anoka everyday to work and back.

Last edited:
Blooie does have a big thread on the momma heating pad/ chick cave.

Sadie responded to rimadyl and doxycycline within an hour. Lol. Thank you Erlibird for asking. I need to wait for another pay period now to line the spay job up with. Since treating her for that dam disease was as much as spaying. Months worth of doxy and rimadyl are not cheap. He's reasonable overall though. I shouldn't complain.

She has picked up a couple funny tricks though. I came upstairs after working on our basement yesterday and I could hardly be mad.

Kloppers that buckeye is a meaty bird and the drive for feed and protein is crazy. I know it's a wives' tale to say that one bird breed is more of a mouser than others. But I had mouse nests in my coop all winter. With BAs, RIRs, wyandottes, standing by watching them run by. I have not seen one though since I've had my particular buckeye though. She's a timid thing though I envision her response should be more like the classical big elephant in a room with a mouse response, lol.

All of my birds will take frogs though. They LOVE frog meat.

With the milder temps came a bit of a thaw in my coop and I was driven to do a coop clean out. It's soooo nice to see birds on fresh bedding... And the smellll of those pine shavings....mmmmm. I did the panty hose with poultry dust in all corners and nest boxes trim work and roosts. Just in case. Tootsie had a few crawling early last week. Dusted him when I saw the few. Rechecks all this week reveal nothing now again. I will be vigilant tho still for another couple weeks or so. I'll have to quit the powder when the eggs start though. There's a withdrawal period and I noted a funky taste to them 2 years ago when I didn't know better. Anyways... Hoping I'm done with this mess soon or already.

Back
Top Bottom