Surviving Minnesota!

7 am and I think I made my first mistake of the day..

I performed a eggsarean section. I had an egg that I could see movement in last night but had not pipped. This morning the same thing. The air sac was way too large. I broke the egg open at the air sac and found some heat shrink wrapping, which is odd because I am running over 50% humidity since the hatch started.

I broke the egg about half open, and peeled the membrane back, It has been 14 hours since the last hatched egg.
36 hours since the first one hatched. SO fingers crossed I did not kill the chick. But I am not feeling good about my actions.

Good morning, indeed
smile.png

It is warming up here but I heard we are already at the high for today. Better than nothing I suppose!

Yeah I saw that too it is downhill the rest the day. I am still hoping to get a lot done outside. I need to get Mr' T's honeymoon suite build.

Oh: It looked like that chicken was running to the bathroom because his coffee kicked in....

That's what time I thought it was.

gig.gif

Good logo kloppers. Isn't your farm Whistling Dixie farms? Maybe you could put some music notes by the chickens mouth or something...?

Andy and friends refused to sleep in or around the Mama Cave again last night. I have already turned it down, I am thinking of turning it down more.

For some reason they think huddling up in the corner is better than the heater. They do not make the distressed chick noise so I assume they are happy and healthy.

I am going be moving Andy and his friends outside tomorrow. I am going to put them in a tank, I think I will be going back to a heat lamp out there. I hate heat lamps, but they are getting too big for the Mama Cave.

Back
Top Bottom