Surviving Minnesota!

Thanks for the eel pout education.
sickbyc.gif
. Wow.

Rhetts, Bonnie Jean is the perfect name. She is just darling! Highlands are so cool looking. What are their temperaments like?

Ivie...how 'bout some SC pics??

Ralph, glad Andy made it ok. Are you bringing him in to watch his favorite TV shows??
wink.png
Maybe later in the day tomorrow. Busy tonight and tomorrow morning but then can take some. She is doing okay. I don't think she is growing but she is eating and pooping - not eating on her own. You can be the judge tomorrow when I post the pictures.

Anyone need a pair of African geese?? They will be laying this spring and hatching out babies!! Dont listen to Ralphy!! They r nicer than he thinks! And they r well behaved! They love watching over other poultry!

I also have twenty eggs in the bator incase anyone needs some chicks!

I keep the shed locked all the time.. So yep, I lock them up.
Oh okay, I was worried you left them out with the foxes and wolves and ghosts!
big_smile.png

Anyone need a pair of African geese?? They will be laying this spring and hatching out babies!! Dont listen to Ralphy!! They r nicer than he thinks! And they r well behaved! They love watching over other poultry!

I also have twenty eggs in the bator incase anyone needs some chicks!
Why are you selling them??? I agree, shut your ears when Ralphie mentions the words "duck, goose, waterfowl, quacking, honking" or anything like it.
tongue.png

I am selling them because I have too many different types of birds. I want to narrow it down too 2 types of waterfowl, turkeys and chickens. I love them so much and want them to go to a good home. If your interested in them pm me for prices!

hi just a thought . you can buy from auto parts stores empty barrels used for antifreeze or different oils that are blue plastic. Blue absorbs the sun s rays great, not as good as black but good nonetheless. Get some of those barrels ( 5 - 10 bucks,) wash them out and find some small ( 8 year old's fist sized) river rock and fill the barrel with them. Place them opposite either a glass or plastic south facing window and that barrel at the end of the day will defy you to hold your hand on the barrel without being warned off with the heat. that barrell will emit heat all night. and u will find your chickens hugging the barrel at night.

I also use the earth as a berm against the walls. at least 4 feet thick and high . Placed on the north and east walls will insure a 45-55 degree heat sink in your coop which would be very acceptable to the residents during a 20 degree night. IF u have good insulation in your coop, adding a propane light ( encased in a good hardware cloth 360 enclosure) with an empty coffee can on top produces 2000 btu's of heat and is quite effective in warming up the area. there are 90,000 btu's in a gallon of propane approximately, so judiciously used, it will not be cost prohibitive.

good luck and remember to have fun doing it.

Doug

Had a long weekend of work.... Barf. I had to sit in front of my puter for most of it, looking out the window to see my hens roaming in the sun. Sigh.... And here I sit back in the office again.

Ralphie, my barber makes very good pickled Northern, and perhaps would share his recipe with you? You probably know him. He is an Esko native, still lives in rural Esko, and has been known to travel down the highways at speeds exceeding the limits?

Back
Top Bottom