Surviving Minnesota!

When was she dried up? If they told u? She looks like she has some milk in there! When u see big veins like that in a bag u can bet theres milk in there.

They told us when she was dried up, I can't remember when though. They have been easing dairy cows 40+ years though, and her bag is uneven so one side always has more milk then the other.
She should calf within the next week or so though

Strawberry's egg today,, my poor girl wish there was something to do to help her lay smaller eggs. She lays everyday 1 day reg egg and next day double . I even got a triple yolk once,, I think this might be another triple... Is there something she is lacking in vitamins or something or is this just always going to be her normal???
Good morning Coffee. Yeah . . . . when my chicks first started laying I got double yolks and a couple triple all the time. Dunno if they were from the same bird. I would pick them up and say 'ouch!' Now I don't get any anymore from any of the chickens that are a year old. And they seemed to survive well enough. Resilient little gippers. So it goes away eventually. I think. That is HUGE! So again, I say 'ouch!.' As long as they could walk okay and their vent looked okay and they did not get a headache I did not worry about them. There is something about the egg shells on line that have abnormalities though. You might try looking at that.

That poor girl Coffee. She'll take an egg break this summer and hopefully her pullet cycle will even out to one yolk at a time. My BA was like that Double yolkers every couple eggs. Then she quit for a couple weeks/month. And her next egg cycle brought about more normal eggs. Although your Strawberry is putting my BA's pullet tendencies to shame. She is quite the large egg producer!

I say just keep her healthy, good nutrition, lots of oyster shell available. Maybe also make sure her fluff/ vent hygeine is on point. So poo doesn't back into the fallopian tubes and such. ...ooof....that poor Strawberry vent...
hide.gif

Last edited:
Strawberry's egg today,, my poor girl wish there was something to do to help her lay smaller eggs. She lays everyday 1 day reg egg and next day double . I even got a triple yolk once,, I think this might be another triple... Is there something she is lacking in vitamins or something or is this just always going to be her normal???
That is crazy! That looks just as big as a goose egg! What breed is she?

Try E-Lax... She might spit them out faster before they get so HUGE!! I am betting she has hemorrhoids.
lau.gif

Last edited:
They told us when she was dried up, I can't remember when though. They have been easing dairy cows 40+ years though, and her bag is uneven so one side always has more milk then the other.
She should calf within the next week or so though

Cant wait to see baby pics! What was she bred too? Good luck!!

Man that is HUGE! How old is your hen? If she has recently started laying her eggs will probably get to be normal sized. He vent is probably so stretched out from laying big eggs it doesn't hurt anymore! Lol :)

Back
Top Bottom