Surviving Minnesota!

I turned the ducks loose yesterday . They went back in at dark . I am sure that will change in time . No duck eggs yet . Maybe some free range will help . Put chicks with my broody . Seems to be working . I shut the front of the nest and left her with 8 chicks for most of the day . Then put her in a broody cage with them .

Last edited:
You have a great idea there. I could put the waterer in the middle of a pan filled with the chick grit. The water would collect under the grit and the chicks could eat grit!

I could put a little ACV in the grit to control algae. When I see water in the rocks I just dump it!!

Thanks for the great Idea.

th.gif

I turned the ducks loose yesterday . They went back in at dark . I am sure that will change in time . No duck eggs yet . Maybe some free range will help . Put chicks with my broody . Seems to be working . I shut the front of the nest and left her with 8 chicks for most of the day . Then put her in a broody cage with them . 

What kind of ducks?

Wow my Dad just sent me a pic of his new deer hunting stand... He says he needs comfort in his old age.. And he says Mom is the spoiled one.. Lol..

Back
Top Bottom