Surviving Minnesota!

Screenshot_20190131-205102.png

7A34ACBC-F418-46B5-AC53-E2A186097AF1.jpeg
3CD82539-328B-4A52-B16A-77D8A0DEF03D.jpeg

Explanation. DH plowing lanes on our lake for a local sporting event. After they are done plowing the deer move in.
They have deduced that despite this being a frozen lake the deer are conditioned to truck snow plows as they plow up oak leaves and debris under the snow on roads and they can get something to eat a lot easier. Crazy and sad too. But they are built to conserve and use fat stores.
Nonetheless, The deep snow is tough on the deer. They are hanging tight to opened roads and trails only. Super friendly, etc.

Last edited:
Good Morning..

BC, I have found friendly deer taste a lot like unfriendly deer.

Jerry, 4 degrees here.

I need to go visit my birds then make a trip to St.Cloud. I need some feed. The Brewery did not call this week. I am hoping to get out tomorrow and plow a road to my fishing spot with the ATV if needed.

The sad part is I will need to plow decoy roads for others to follow to "their" spots. I hate to have them all in mine. When everyone else is superbowling, I plan to be fishing.

It will be nice to spend a couple days above Zero.

When DS went fishing for those crappies on that other neighborhood lake. The next day a permanent house was on top of the holes he drilled the day before.
- - - - people. I can understand the logic in detour roads. Albeit they cost more in gas. But Hey. Gas is cheap. welll cheaper than what it was....

This weekend is the Ice Bocce Tournament. Once again ...Superbowl Sunday DH and I will be nursing our sore knees, elbows and hips...and overall body aches. But it's sure fun on Saturday.

The NH has something going on with the short back toe of one foot. There was blood on it this morning and I didn't have time to tend to it. Will have to get her foot spa'd up tonight and take a look. Might require some first aid.

Understandable....Give Donald a bath....I would think that is preferable to a trimming, but I have no idea as I live in a firmly anti-dux area.

Well the goofy ducks ran like maniacs when I went out there and ended up knocking the poop-balls off themselves. Problem solved. (okay 1 problem solved, still have a frozen horse waterer and the water dish for the ducks/chickens keeps freezing over *sigh*)

Back
Top Bottom