Surviving Minnesota!

D1DA6F87-E500-4AB6-91B2-C0D169F06597.jpeg

1557CA03-1EFF-4DA9-9E28-51F2E46456DA.jpeg

couple of photos.
one for national dog day.
and wanted to show the magic lilies also.

Ralphie I hope Togo was good. Looks like Sasquatch and skeeter paradise. Nothing some Deet won’t cure. That is some quiet country up there. In fact I think any thing north of hwy 200 looks better all the time. These low interest rates have been getting me new neighbors I think. People digging basements and side by sides driving through the loop all the time. I just ordered some private drive signs. Lord help me.

View attachment 2307732
View attachment 2307736
couple of photos.

Ralphie I hope Togo was good. Looks like Sasquatch and skeeter paradise. Nothing some Deet won’t cure. That is some quiet country up there. In fact I think any thing north of hwy 200 looks better all the time. These low interest rates have been getting me new neighbors I think. People digging basements and side by sides driving through the loop all the time. I just ordered some private drive signs. Lord help me.
It's national dog day!
Oh my goodness, don't tell Mason.
School started today so this was the first day he had to be left home alone all day since May.
He gave me a real talking to when I got home let me tell ya.

You are the first to have mystery Lilly ( Lycoris ) bloom in zone 3 . Rated zone 4 . Zone pushing . Many plants just have not been tried in zone 3 . I have black raspberry and black walnut seedlings growing .
View attachment 2307736
couple of photos.

Ya the beats are not a problem here either.
I would need a lot of fence and DH has some sort of issue with electric fence:confused:
I've been wanting to do a perimeter e-wire for a long time. DH does not see the vision... We did put 4' high field fence all round; that's stopped the coyotes but not the deer. No bear here yet. No wolves... I think the field fence will keep most nasties out but weasels. :fl OTOH, it would make maintaining a low wire outside of it into a real pita during the growing season. Then there's the snow season, so maybe not all that practical anyhow. 🤷‍♀️

4' high field fence all round; that's stopped the coyotes
Only once have I seen coyote tracks in the poultry yard.
A couple winters ago the e net was off and a coyote jumped in one night. About 2 inches of snow so I could tell it didn't go closer than 4 ft to the coops. The back and one side fence is 6 ft 2x4 Field fence and it ran up and down it. The top is floppy so when it tried to go over he fell back in. He finally got over at a corner.

I've been wanting to do a perimeter e-wire for a long time. DH does not see the vision... We did put 4' high field fence all round; that's stopped the coyotes but not the deer. No bear here yet. No wolves... I think the field fence will keep most nasties out but weasels. :fl OTOH, it would make maintaining a low wire outside of it into a real pita during the growing season. Then there's the snow season, so maybe not all that practical anyhow. 🤷‍♀️
It won't stop the coyotes for long. They have no problem easily clearing a 6' fence.

Back
Top Bottom