Surviving Minnesota!

Then you have a dream job.

I always loved watching people's reaction the first time they went on a frozen lake. No, don't put your seatbelts on. We may need to make a quick exit. What's that noise? Oh, don't worry about that. The ice is just cracking. Grab me a beer, would ya.
We had a young man from Ghana who worked for a neighboring farm one winter. He attended our church, so we’d bring home to share Sunday dinner a couple of times a month. One day, DH took a detour. He left the road, drove into the access and onto the lake. That poor guy just about jumped out of the moving truck!

Morning cold and sunny . So I will tell on myself . I attempted to go somewhere Tuesday because I believed the weatherman . Main roads were good enough . Secondary roads packed snow . So I was doing ok in w wheel until I spun out . Spun like a top and wound up going the opposite direction . I went back home . Message received . :D

Cold but sunny here . I went to the farm store yesterday . Sort of a stress reliever . Ordered 5 chicks and just browsed . Stopped and visited the great grand daughter . No seed racks out yet .
We don't ordinarily get those nasty winds up on the mountain, but we did this time. I was hanging onto the greenhouse wall with everything I had, up on a teetering ladder, trying to keep the whole end from blowing off while DH hunted down a makeshift replacement strap, bolt & wrenches to reattach a strut to a bow. 😳 It was... er... fun? It is really tricky to get a nut started onto its bolt when your fingers are too cold to actually feel the nut. At all. Anyway, the greenhouse is still standing. Got to get some emergency replacement supplies while the money still (kind of) works.

Back
Top Bottom