Suspecting Marek's - Should I quit growing my flock?

What do you feed her, including treats?
Did the eggs break when she laid them (maybe stepped on them) or does she have a discharge from the vent that looks "eggy"?

She laid both of those today? Did her stance/standing and behavior improve any after she laid them?
How long has her toes been curled?

I agree with @microchick those look like soft-shelled eggs instead of Lash Eggs, which, imho is a good thing. You don't want to be dealing with Lash Egg (Salpingitis).

Here's what I would do if she were mine. I would give her her normal balanced poultry feed. Eliminate those Durvet vitamins/electrolytes. Instead give her 1/2 tablet of Calcium like Caltrate daily for 1 week. I would also give her 1/2 tablet human B-Complex daily for 1 week.
Keep treats to a minimum, say 5% of her daily intake. See if she improves.

View attachment 1686202
I just switched them over to All Flock because I got ducks. She gets mealworms. Since she’s been in the house I have gave apple sauce. No her eggs aren’t breaking. The two from today were both soft shelled. One wasn’t closed on the end. The other I think she stepped on. Thanks for all your help

I just switched them over to All Flock because I got ducks. She gets mealworms. Since she’s been in the house I have gave apple sauce. No her eggs aren’t breaking. The two from today were both soft shelled. One wasn’t closed on the end. The other I think she stepped on. Thanks for all your help
An All Flock feed is fine to use, I use one too. I would still get the calcium and b-complex into her for a week.
When using an All Flock type feed, it's important to provide oyster shell free choice as well, the girls that are laying will usually take what they need.

An All Flock feed is fine to use, I use one too. I would still get the calcium and b-complex into her for a week.
When using an All Flock type feed, it's important to provide oyster shell free choice as well, the girls that are laying will usually take what they need.
Oh yes, I mix it in with their feed. That’s the only way they eat it lol.

Back
Top Bottom