Svart Hona--Pullet or Roo?

theladysings

In the Brooder
Mar 8, 2017
Hi all,

I have 5 svart hona chickies I hatched and I'm looking for help in identifying who is a pullet and who is a roo. Any help you may be able to give would be extremely appreciated!! I've taken pictures of two out of the three and I will take pics of territories last to soon.

Svart Hona 1:

[/IMG]

Svart Hona 2

Svart Hona 3

Last edited:
So first the bad news: that first one is definitely not a svart hona. Svart honas do not have feathered legs and crests.

The second chick I would tentatively say is a cockerel based on comb growth. The third still looks like a pullet so far. How old are they now?

So first the bad news: that first one is definitely not a svart hona. Svart honas do not have feathered legs and crests.

The second chick I would tentatively say is a cockerel based on comb growth. The third still looks like a pullet so far. How old are they now?

Oh whoops you are right! First one is one of my silkies--that's what I get for posting pics without my glasses on. They are five and a half weeks old. I'll post some more pics shortly.

Oh whoops you are right! First one is one of my silkies--that's what I get for posting pics without my glasses on. They are five and a half weeks old. I'll post some more pics shortly.

The first one isn't a silkie either - probably a silkie cross :)

So at five and a half weeks I do think that #2 is a cockerel and #3 is still looking like a pullet.

The first one isn't a silkie either - probably a silkie cross :)

So at five and a half weeks I do think that #2 is a cockerel and #3 is still looking like a pullet.

Here are two more chickies--didn't have time to snap a pic of the 5th.

Svart Hona 1*

Svart Hona 4

4 looks like a pullet. Is it possible to get a profile shot of 1 to see the comb growth?

Thanks! I vote pullet so far on that one too. You could end up with some late bloomers, but it looks like you're having great luck so far!

Back
Top Bottom